cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Free access to Sky sports news HQ ?

Hi all. 
I have recently paid for a day sports pass and redeemed it on Sunday. I was under the impression that I can therefore view the sky sports news HQ app on my now tv stick. But every time I tried it asks me to buy a pass. I contacted live help and one cs rep very kindly reminded me that 24 hours was 1 day not 30 days. 🙄

The website says 

“If you buy a Sports Day Membership, then Sky Sports News HQ is free to view for 30 days from the date you activate your Day Membership.”

https://help.nowtv.com/article/using-sky-sports-news-hq-app

The two reps I live chatted with insisted that that applies to viewing it on a mobile only, but the context on the web page refers to viewing it on a now box or stick. 
It has worked in the past. 
Has anyone else had difficulty with this ? 

6 REPLIES 6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User did you just buy the pass or have you used it?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Used it on Sunday 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

That was my understanding has well, that if you have a Day Sports Pass you are entitled to watch Sky Sports News for 30 days after the Day pass was used.

I could never test this theory because i haven't used a day pass in about 4 years and every time i used a day sports pass i always had another pass active such has Cinema or Entertainment.

I am assuming you have tried watching Sky Sports News via the Main Sports live TV Guide and not the dedicated SSN App to see if that makes any difference (which shouldn't in theory).

Don't know what NOW playback devices you have tried with SSN.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry double post 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. @schnapps 
I have tried accessing it from the TV guide section as well as the app ( on my nowtv stick) and neither work. I tried accessing it in my iPad but it didn’t work. (I didn’t expect it would work on the iPad) it works on my iPhone but only that’ll be cos I have the sky sports mobile pass active on my phone.  

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I have no experience of this but wondering if having a mobile sports pass cancels out watching SSN on your NOW Stick for the 30 day after period.

NOW never used to offer a free mobile sports pass included with a Day pass going back a year or two or so ago and maybe that's what is the cause (pure guess on my part).

Where to watch SSN for the 30 day after it only worked if you only had a Day pass activated.

Perhaps some one can confirm if they take out a day sports pass and don't have any other passes running on their account before the mobile pass automatically kicks in on their account within the 10 day lead up period.

Or the next time NOW offers no freebie mobile pass with their day sports pass.