Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lindzi
Elite 2

Forum - Not working using Android

@Simon-J 

Hi

We have chatted about this previously but I am no longer able to even post using my Android phone.

I can log in but the phone keyboard doesn't come up when wanting to write a post. 

Other issues

Unable to quote a post

No emojis

When I am not in work my phone is the only access to the forum that I have and it is frustrating!

Any help would be great 🙏

4 REPLIES 4
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Lindzi,

Thanks for letting me know you're being affected by this. This is a bug that I reported a couple of weeks ago. It's now under investigation and hopefully our provider will come back with a fix ASAP.

For now, I've had to disable the rich text editor on mobile - so while you won't seen any of the options such as quote or emojis it will at least allow you to type again. Bit of a pain I know but this is just a temp fix until the issue is sorted.

Thanks

Simon

Lindzi
Elite 2
@Simon-J
Thank you! It has let me post this using my phone 🙂
It doesn't let me @ you now so have to put user names in manually and doesn't let me sign out. This I can live with though.
Thank you for coming back to me so quickly
RoyB
Legend

Hi @Simon-J 

I’m lacking Quotes and emojis on this iPad; is it necessary for you also to have these restricted until this issue is fixed? Smiley Sad

I can force an emoji by typing its text name, as above, for those I can remember; but if I then Edit, I get an ‘invalid HTML has been removed’ message, have to Enter again, and the emoji jumps onto the next line, all on its own. I’ve Edited this posting to show that. And it can’t be Edited back into its proper place in the preceding line after that.Smiley Sad

So not quite right.....

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @RoyB ,

I'm afraid for now yes as the bug is with the rich text editor. I know it's a pain but if we turn it back on no one can post on mobile 😞

I'll make sure the issue is treated as a top priority by our provider and hopefully we'll have it fixed soon.