cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Football and mobile routers

I watch a lot of football matches on Now TV at home, but was wondering if I could watch it when I was away from home in our caravan. I have an Orange Airbox 2 mobile router which can use 3G or 4G. I suppose my major question would be is how big a sim card I would need to watch a full match and what would it be likely to cost. I would prefer to use pay as you go and thinking it would be very expensive. Any advice would be appreciatedas to the best way to go about this.

3 REPLIES 3
Legend 5
Legend 5

So long as you can log into the mobile router it should be possible. I know some people use this on boats.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. NOW TV stream up to 720p and use adaptive bitrate management meaning the exact data used will vary depending on signal strength and cellular traffic, moving from 3G to 4G etc so it's difficult to give an exact figure. Assuming you get good 3G/4G reception NOW TV will stream at full 720p and a 90 min football match is likely to be around 2.5GB (rough estimate not including pre/post match analysis) so you do need quite a bit of data usage. Unfortunately NOW TV don't have an option for lower quality/mobile streams.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for some brill info!!