cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Factory reset, now doesn't work

I have a 3year old black NowTV box. First of all,  the OPTIONS function stopped working,  then the box stopped turning off when it used to (in the bedroom so only used 9pm til 12am.

The past week it became so hot to touch that I had to disconnect from electricity. 

I decided to do a factory reset. Big mistake.  Despite putting my sign in details and receiving a code to put onto my computer,  it will not accept any of these.  I don't want to have to buy a package just to access Now on my t.v.

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you say "options" stopped working , do you mean the NowTV direct access button on your NowTV remote or something else ?

Since NowTV in their wisdom pushed out their new look home screen layout, both the NowTV quick access button on the remote doesn't work,and also there is no direct NowTV App to click on, to get into the old style NowTV UI .

Together with the boxes and stick will no longer power down anymore into full hibernation mode with the light on the front of the NowTV box switching off.

NowTV have decided to go down this route, though i don't know the reasoning behind it.

With regards to the box not re activating after a factory reset because it won't accept the code seen on the television screen (where i am assuming your bank card on their system is up to date and you have followed the exact webpage from the television screen, then jump over to live chat for assistance where a couple of customers have reported that they can't activate their box after a factory reset with problems using the television screen six digit activation code.

Here's a link to find the green chat button.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Before contacting NowTV live chat, try this link below with your computer or smartphone when entering the six digit code from your television screen.

This link is for UK customers (should you be located in the Republic of Ireland drop the gb and insert ie instead.

https://www.nowtv.com/gb/tv 

Should you still have no luck, try a different internet browser or maybe try your browser in a private window or incognito mode.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello @schnapps @Schnapps.  On my NowTv remote between the up/down/left/right buttons and the NowTv and Sky store direct buttons,  there is a little round button that has an asterisk on it.  That's the Options button.  I tried to get help via the chat line but I couldn't find a topic relevant to my problem.  It was a robot?

I'd prefer to talk to a human.  It shouldn't be this hard to talk to a NowTv rep tho?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Even with the new look NowTV home screen software rollout the star button on my NowTV smart remote is still working fine for me.

Not sure which NowTV box version you have (haven't tested the above out on my older NowTV Freeview smart box).

Did you try clicking on the green live chat button on my previous link, where there will be a real person in real time on the NowTV web chat service ?

If live chat doesn't open for you, try a different internet browser.

Unfortunately there is no telephone helpline number for TV pass customers.

Should you have no joy getting through to live chat, then drop them a message using the web form on the same link.