cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Drastically reduced broadband speeds

Hi, 

Just over a week ago we noticed our Nowtv broadband became very slow (1-2 Mbps). Previously it was really good for a long time - at around 35 mbps. My partner knows this due to keeping an eye on the mesh network that he set up in the flat. 

We tried the usual resetting etc, contacted  the help centre, went through the advised steps. This didn’t help and they decided to send us a new router (but both the existing and replacement routers are Now Tv hub Twos). It has arrived (5 days later) and I’m not really surprised to find that we are getting the same speeds. 

I have been keeping an eye on service status and generally it says everything is fine, but interestingly the internet went completely down a couple of days ago about midnight. It was fine by the morning, but at around this time then when I checked again the next day the service status had an exclamation point against the broadband, but no wording to explain what this meant. Currently the service status is fine again. It just makes me wonder if there is a fault in the background.

I’m wondering if anyone has any advice to offer about what to ask from Now tv now? Is it possible that some algorithm or whatever is restricting the speeds we get? I’m at the point where I think it might be better to switch. We work from home and it’s making life difficult. 

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Claire 

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 
Perhaps give the broadband team a call and request OpenReach to send someone out to investigate if there is indeed any issues with the connection.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

How to submit your complaint:

• Give us a call on 08007591213 to speak directly to a NOW advisor
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  & @gavs82008 for info

Hi Claank (cool super villain name)

I am inclined to agree with Gavs advice because, thanks to Covid, there is an unpredictable amount of pressure on the country's Internet infrastructure, and that pressure can only be relieved (or redistributed / redirected) by a trained engineer.

Unfortunately, Internet growth has balooned beyond what anybody could have reasonably expected and, as such, demand has outgrown the ability to supply.

So, take Gavs advice and find out what NOW can do for you, which at the very least should be to supply you with the service you are paying for.

UK Bob