cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

Download music previously bought from Amazon

Dear Forum Members

Just out of interest, I recently followed some advice got from MoneySavingExpert.com and was able to download most of my CDs (21 so far), at no extra cost, I had bought over the years from Amazon.UK.

Now I can play my old CDs (some re-bought vinyl records) directly from my TV, which I would never have thought of doing if I had not bought my (white) Now TV box.

It just go to show that that both Now TV boxes are "more than" value-for-money.

UK Bob

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous User
Not applicable

For others that don't know Amazon for years SOLD Digital and physical media as a single bundle price...

Most times the optical media on its own was more expensive than the bundle offering..

Some Older content that had been CD only were then ripped to Digital and CD bundles...

Amazon now only use a single item list page now. the new bundle replaced the old CD only giving the CD owners the same content as the now cheaper digital and CD bundle users...  

So because Amazon stream lined there site past users get the digital files that later buyers got any way... 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

You are spot on, the only regret I have with Amazon's new system/policy is that not all previously bought CDs are available as downloads, no doubt because of copyright restrictions.

Now that I can play most of my previously bought music in a purely electronic format, i.e. no physical media, it really has given my long silent collection a new lease of life.

UK Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

My amazon music is full of Alice in Chains. Great rock music! 

Personally I prefer Google Music as my phone has Play store and I have 3 months of music for £1. Smiley Happy

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Legend 5
Legend 5

Very few I bought in past are available.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Turned out that I purchased most of my CDs from the supermarkets or Fopp. Prices were as competitve and could be collected same day, only had around 4 past albums with amazon.

ukbobboy
Legend

Well Guys

I think I've managed to download between 25 - 30 of my past albums and I must compliment the younger me on my musical taste Smiley Happy , I'm really enjoying the "old skool" stuff.

UK Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy I don't know where I am on music taste. It's a mixture of everything. Smiley Very Happy

Rock, a bit of pop, even zumba tracks! Smiley Very Happy

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993

The point is, do you like the music your younger self bought?  Smiley Wink

And do you enjoy the music you now have? Smiley Wink

You know, I'm now tempted to go on a music CD buying spree.  Smiley Happy

UK Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy considering I am 22 I'm not for my younger self's music taste as it was all Britney spears, S Club 7 and Spice girls. I prefer my tastes now as personally, music has gotten better but 80s/90s music still has a place in my heart.Heart