cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does anyone know a way to make a complain to Nowtv that actually works?

I have been trying to make a complaint for over 3 weeks to Nowtv about the quality of streams on Boost (motion blur & pixilation on block colours) when watching the Sky Sports Channels. Stream quality shows as good and my download & upload speeds can support 8K.

Anyway, the online complaint form on their website does not send. Was given the email [email removed] to email on live chat but you get an auto responder to say this email is no longer used. Emailed [email removed] 3 time without responce.

Live chat staff are beyond frustrating. They don't actually read what you have typed so give you info that is completely irrelevent. Told that they have 'no managers or supervisors' that I can chat with. So how do you actually complain to Nowtv? Any help would be appreciated.

I have complained to Ofcom but they won't do anything unless they get multiple complaints about the same thing so said I have to way 8 weeks from my first complaint to contact Cisas for them to force Nowtv to respond.

The standard of customer service from Nowtv is shocking.

30 REPLIES 30
redchiz1
Champion 2

About picture quality on an individual's service, really? Honestly, unless it is widespread I cannot see it myself. But best of luck anyway. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't get your reply. Cisas is a resolution body who works on individual complaints where they look at the facts presented to them.

Regards ofcom, I quite clearly said they will only act if they get enough complaints of a similar nature.

redchiz1
Champion 2

I meant Ofcom in the broader sense and Cisas will look at individual complaints, yes. Sorry. I was trying to help point you in a direction which you have now made clear you are aware of, so my bad for not following  the earlier posts as well as I should have.

I had the misfortune to watch Everton beat Burnley tonight with a flawless picture, so perhaps that has clouded my judgment. I mean to take nothing from whatever issues you are having and wish you well with a resolution.  🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I appreciate your help. I too watched the match. I feel you pain but my bookie is happy.

The picture is certainly higher quality than the 720 but there is a definite motion blur and the pitch looks like it has some sort of overlay on it like the screen is dirty when the camera is following the play.

It only happened about a month ago as never had it before then on any TV or device I watch nowtv on.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Ha! My lad had the bookies over as well so that's two of you happy!!  😄

Honestly, I have seen reports of this elsewhere, but have not had the personal misfortune to experience it. The picture quality I mean, not the result. Could it perhaps be contingent on different servers? Maybe our more tech knowing colleagues might advise further?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User said:-

the pitch looks like it has some sort of overlay on it like the screen is dirty when the camera is following the play.

This is known around here as the ‘camouflage effect’, and it is quite widespread.

Now need to act to fix this.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just an update on this. Tried again to complain through live chat and was again told to email the help@ email. Asked for a deadlock letter and was told no. Told my complaint would be 'moved up'.

Was again told the problem is caused by my broadband speed being too low, despite telling them repeatedly that my my download speed is in excess of 200mbps.

Was also told they could see the email I sent to customerservices@ 10 days ago. I asked then why no one had replied. I didn't get an answer.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Frustrating isn't it? Bear in mind that NOW have 8 weeks in which to resolve your complaint, or explain why they cannot. After that you can go directly to Cisas without need of a deadlock letter.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Oh and as long as you have a record from when you first contacted them about this then that is when the clock starts, don't let them bullsh1t you otherwise. 😎

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Eventually got two emails from Nowtv. Both telling me that their test show my streaming speeds are 7mbps despite showing them multiple screenshots of it actually being over 200mbps. I have asked to see their test results that state the network and equipment they are basing these tests on so we will wait and see if they provide this as they are completely wrong.

I thought Virgin Media were difficult to deal with but nowtv bring a whole new level of incompetence and frustration.