cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do you need a tv license for now tv?

Do you need a TV license for Nowtv?

I ask because the nowtv app has a live tv option.

So does this mean that subscribing to nowtv means I now have to get a tv license because the app has live tv?

32 REPLIES 32
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@4268 wrote:
One thing of note here is that if students watch TV on a device powered by a battery they are covered by their parents licence. So if you are a student don't plug in your laptop and you can watch until the battery runs out.

Sounds ridiculous doesn't it but it's true Smiley Indifferent

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User not everything is on demand. Also some popular programs get repeated during the year without appearing at that time on-demand.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268 wrote:
@Anonymous User not everything is on demand. Also some popular programs get repeated during the year without appearing at that time on-demand.

It's why there should be the option to disable it. Even better would be for the government ditch the compulsary TV licence for live streams that are not BBC.