cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do I need an engineer

Hi, I am moving into a new flat soon. I already have bt broadband connection into the apartment I just need to choose a provider. From my understanding NOW use a bt line. Do I really need an engineer to come set them up?

If so is it possible to bring it forward? I work from home so really need this up and going as soon as possible.

thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

When you order online and type in the post code address and number of the house or flat it will say if an engineer will need access inside the property.

If there is already a BT line with a suitable BT Master socket fitted, there is a good chance the Openreach Engineer will not have to enter the home.

All ISP's I have come across will quote 14 days to switch to a different provider or switch on the Internet service.

You can phone the NOW Broadband Team using the telephone number in the link below for them to answer all your questions.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The 14 days that I quoted is normally for a self install and doesn't take into account if the work is more involved and complex and needs an Engineer home visit.