cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

Discovery+

So looks like DPlay is getting a full rebrand into Discovery+ with the service getting rolled out on additional devices and platforms in 2020 and 2021.

https://advanced-television.com/2020/10/20/discovery-uk-unveils-discovery/ 

A couple of snippets from the link

'Discovery+ invites viewers to stream their favourite shows from Discovery UK’s portfolio of 13 iconic channels; including pay-TV brands Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, ID, Discovery Science, Discovery Turbo and Discovery History as well as its free-to-air brands Quest, Really, Quest Red, HGTV, Food Network and DMAX'

'Consumers will be able to subscribe to discovery+ directly via web or app purchase for a monthly fee of £4.99 or a discounted annual fee of £29.99 (for a limited period), standard price £49.99 in the UK, or a monthly fee of €5.99 or a discounted annual fee of €34.99 (for a limited period), standard price €59.99 in Ireland, with a 14 day free trial in both markets.'

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

I’ve never had the full Sky package as oddly where I have lived for the last few years I either had Virgin [Could of had Virgin then I guess but wanted Sky Atlantic so had NowTV] and then last two places I’ve lived I’ve not been able to get a Sky Dish fitted but have had Fibre internet so any expansion of NowTV is good for me. 

Fox won’t leave the U.K for a while I expect until a few months after Star launches in the U.K. and even then I’m not too sure as there is shows like Walking Dead they don’t own the rights to completely but air here I expect a rename of the channel in the future though. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Over the years I had Virgin for a while, then went to Sky to get more HD channels. Which for a few years I had the full package. 

It was only about 6+ years ago when I decided to trial Now TV which at the time was with Blacklist. Even then when "Boost" was nowhere in sight I thought it was good value for money getting the shows on catch up for a fraction of the price, so I  completely ditched Sky and haven't looked back. 

That is very true I do keep forgetting that shows like NCSI and Walking Dead are CBS and AMC shows respectively. No doubt the channel will be rebranded after Star is launched. 

Speaking of Star, already having Diseny+ it would be a weclome addition if its on the same platform. 

On a side topic having a VPN was immensely helpful for Netflix alone, but with content different in alsmost every region it has proven to be a great tool for Disney+. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

will now tv stick get same as sky q  free for a year 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It’s hard to say. 
When you “sign” up to Sky your automatically given a Sky Q box, so either way Sky customers are covered. Whereas with Now TV there are plenty of devices to watch it from. 

Personally I don’t think it would be fair to “punish” those who don’t have or use a Now TV stick to watch Now TV. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Most likely. If the Sky Q has it as an app, then it probably will become available to the boxes/sticks too. The discovery+ app allows casting so it would be easy enough for NOW to allow us to install it as an app I suppose. 

I would certainly subscribe to it if this was the case.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

So I signed up to Discovery+, they haven't released an app for Amazon Fire sticks, Roku Sticks, Samsung TV, LG TV. 

Only via web, andriod or ios and Andriod TV. 

When asked about other devices, I just got told in the coming months.......

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah, their typical canned response. To be fair though their own help article I read a few days ago does mention they're looking into further devices in 2020/21 lol for now I think they're just aiming to link more and more subscribers. 

I assume the app would also have the same features as their mobile one (although I'm told that live channels don't work on Sky Q and you only have access to on-demand content). 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

There is a Apple TV app as well but continue watching isn’t working properly on it hope they fix that. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Odd, I have a Sony Android TV and the continue watching works as expected on the native app. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

They have acknowledged the issue on the App Store and are looking into it so hopefully gets fixed in a update soon. 

But like you say hopefully they release it too more devices soon.