cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Popeye13
Scholar 2

Discovery+ - FireTV Stick

This is about the best place i can think to post this, as its the off-topic section:

Anyone else have issues with Discovery+ on a FireTV 4K Stick where it never goes above 720p25? Ive been trying to get this addressed with Discovery for months and wondering if this is me or is it a FireTV /D+ app issue?

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Popeye13 

Personally I’ve not used the live channels much at all with Discovery+. 

Although when I did it was on my Sony Android TV and it worked as expected. 

Have you tried the standard delete and reinstall the app?

Is the fire stick connected via Wi-fi or Ethernet?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Popeye13
Scholar 2

I've gone as far as factory reset the stick, wiped the cache and data, reinstalled; even removed it from the cloud and then reinstalled it.... It still caps out at 720p and been having this since i bought it in March.

I've tried every possible setting i can, to try and make it go Full HD, but nope! Im out of idea's and while i have Chromecast Ultra, its not exactly convenient to go between the two.

If anyone has any idea's i'll happily give it a whirl

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Popeye13 

Are you in a position to get the Ethernet adapter? 

You could try your phone data to see if it’s the internet connection. Although it’s probably not. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Popeye13
Scholar 2

Already have the ethernet adapter, and I've no issues with any other app, such as Disney+ which goes full 4K HDR and BT SPORT which always goes to 50fps and UHD too.

They've not lokg come back to me asking for a video and the device info ect. We shall see