cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WayneScorpio
Advocate

Devices

I understand it’s now no longer possible to delete devices and that this will happen when they are not being used and automatically replaced by a device that is.

What if I have a device that needs manually deleting. A device that i logged onto whilst away on holiday and didn’t log out / de authorise the box?

The device is being used but not by me.

Can Now delete the device?

i’ve reset password so would had hoped any devices using my account would need to sign in with new credentials. Unfortunately this does not appear to be how it works when changing the account password.

Some help / advice would be appreciated or contact number for somebody in Now that can do this for me. 

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@WayneScorpio 

See this thread.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Off-Topic-Chat/Force-log-out/td-p/594664/jump-to/first-unread-message

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@WayneScorpio wrote:

I understand it’s now no longer possible to delete devices and that this will happen when they are not being used and automatically replaced by a device that is.

They may no longer be one of the six devices listed under My Devices, but this does not delete them off your Now account.

What if I have a device that needs manually deleting. A device that i logged onto whilst away on holiday and didn’t log out / de authorise the box?

The device is being used but not by me.

Can Now delete the device?

Yes, but you need to ask Live Chat to delete all your devices, after which you will need to re-establish all your legit ones. They can’t delete devices selectively.

i’ve reset password so would had hoped any devices using my account would need to sign in with new credentials. Unfortunately this does not appear to be how it works when changing the account password.

It is how it works for devices that don’t retain your logon, like phones and tablets.

But once a device, like a TV or a smart stick, with a persistent connection has been logged on, it stays on until logged off, and does not check that the password it was logged on with is the same as the current password. Perhaps it should.

Some help / advice would be appreciated or contact number for somebody in Now that can do this for me. 

@gavs82008 ‘s link, or chain of links, will get you to Now Live Chat, where some kind soul may action this for you.

Now didn’t get to where they are today by letting people phone up for help with streaming issues 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.