cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Devices

I bought an 4K Roku streaming stick and when I use it it does not appear under my devices on my account yet it recognises what passes I have. Twice I was speaking to someone on line but got cut off while they were trying to solve it. Does it not matter as it does pick my passes up anyway

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Just wondering have you watched any nowtv content via the NowTV App on your Roku 4K streaming stick ?

I you have then normally the device will be automatically added to your account once you have played some nowtv content on it if you have less than 6 devices currently registered to it.

Also i would double check by going into the Roku 4K stick NowTV App under the My Account section of the App, if the username or email used matches the username or email address used on the NowTV website when logging into My Account on here when checking your Device's on your account list (just in case you have accidentally used a different username / email).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unfortunately I have checked both and it’s the same

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't know what else to suggest if your log in details on the NowTV App on your Roku 4K stick is identical when checking your registered devices by going to My Account > Device's whilst logged in on here with the same details shown on the Roku 4K stick NowTV App.

Perhaps try a different internet browser when checking your Device's on here, though i can't see that making any difference, but no harm in trying.

If you are using a number of Roku or NowTV branded devices on your device list (where i can't remember when they are automatically added if they use the same reference identification generic name) then maybe check the date and time of playback and rename them.

Sorry i couldn't help further.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you for trying I am not sure if they only show one roku stick as a
device because they are both linked on roku account so what I did was take
one roku stick out and used my spare now box so now all three rooms are
showing under devices
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

With any device that has the NowTV app, when you log into your account on it, you will see your Passes.

But it will only be added to your NowTV Device List when you actually watch some content on the device, something that requires you to be using a Pass.

@schnapps has told you this above, but it doesn’t seem to have registered 🤔

If you think about it, it would be terrible if just opening the app on a device added it to your device list, and especially terrible if you already had six devices registered, as you wouldn’t then be able to use the app at all, not even to look at your status, or what is available.

Thats why it works the way it works.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have watched the content on the app but it still did not register the
device so now using my old now box which does show up on my devices
RoyB
Legend

Thanks @Anonymous User 

I’m going to dig out my Roku devices and try this, as it would be great to be able to exceed the current six device limit.

I’ll keep the Community posted here as to how I get on.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.