cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Devices no longer supported?

The NOW TV system is now telling me that devices I'm using are no longer supported.  How could this happen without notification?  What am I supposed to do - have been using these devices for a few years quite adequately and now all of sudden they have stopped working.

Ridiculous

44 REPLIES 44
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Peter

From your post it seems you are angry about Now TV's abandonment of the white box, something that is inevitable in our western life style.

You know that no matter what electronic or mechanical device you buy it has a finite life, and sooner or later the manufacturer and/or support structure will find it no longer economically or technically viable to continue to support that device.

It just unfortunate that the white box has now reached the end of it's economic and technical viability.

UK Bob

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

If you can’t access Live Chat because nothing happens, try a different browser from your usual one (Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari) on which you haven’t disabled pop ups, third party cookies or indeed any cookies, haven’t set an Ad Blocker, and haven’t set Noscript on, or JavaScript off, as any or all of these things may prevent the Live Chat window appearing. Or try your usual browser in Incognito, sometimes called Private, mode.

But are these two white boxes recently active and your only, or your principle, means of watching NowTV, something which Live Chat will be able to verify from your viewing records?

As these will be their criteria for offering replacement Sticks, or discounts toward them.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

As I recall, live chat was tagged as 'unavailable right now' or somesuch.  I got through to them via an email to [email removed], and after I explained the situation they gave me a code to order a free usb stick - this arrived, but I discovered that I needed a paid-for pass to even access free services, such as the BBC iPlayer.  As it is not our primary TV access, I have declined.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you

i have asked them to delete my account and all my details. Unfortunately they don’t even seem capable of doing that. 

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User you don't need a paid for pass to access other apps such as iPlayer or YouTube but you do have to register a card to a NowTV account to activate the stick. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Saint1976: Thanks for that - but how do I 'register' a pass - do I have to start a free trial, then cancel within the 7 days before payment - leaving them with my card details?  I am OK with that if I have to, but never like letting someone have access I may not be able to turn off.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry - I've thought about (and read more carefully) your reply: I have to make sure they have a valid card number?  That makes sense, as it is so long ago that we bought anything from NowTV that the card I registered has probably expired - will check...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've checked - they have my current card details, almost certainly entered when I tried to connect the stick.  I will try to connect again...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Go through complaints

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

I have just had mine replaced free of charge via a voucher code

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How.ve you managed that ? Kept going round in circles with Live Chat....didn't get the point that i had had no notification whatsoever and that all i had to do was buy a stick