cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Delete device

Some please help 

I have 6 devices on my account and we don’t use them anymore. I have previously added and removed devices with no problem but I can’t seem to do it now. I have tried ...help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The Manage Devices on your account has changed recently, where there is no option to remove devices manually by clicking on the bin icon.

Have a read of this :- 

You can have up to devices stored on your account and watch on device at a time (3 if you have NOW Boost).

If you're a BT customer, you can watch on 2 devices at once as long as one is a BT TV Box and you start streaming in the correct order. For more details, see the Streaming and devices section here. If you have Boost, you can watch on 3 devices at a time.

Once you’ve added devices up to your maximum of 6, when you start watching on a new device the one with the oldest Last used date and no downloads on it will automatically be removed to make space for it. Devices with downloads on them will be the last to be removed.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've sussed it thanks, logged out and back in again and everything is ideal. thank you

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi sorry to be a pain but this system just goes in dead ends now. I have just the simple NOWTV APP that I watch on nights as a supervising careworker. ON LOOKER . and watch now tv on my ipad. On holidays I may use the nowtv on my laptop. And have not used laptop since holiday in April.(off work ) Not real holiday.  And yesterday hubby descided to watch football on Daytime tv I paid and he watched.  HENCE MY ISSUE/COMPLAINT I was denied as I was using two many devices. My account showed 4 2 laptops devices used in April ?? 1 ipad ( the only regular device and a TV. 

SO it locked my regular ipad .out would not let me delete a device and according to the inside details when I use a new device my older device not being used would subcontainiously delete itself . ?????  Can't complain it locks me out. Can not make a new thread talk it does not give me the option. SO they up the price and remove the services.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

The simultaneous devices arrangement (was 2, is now down to 1, unless you buy a Boost for £5/mo and get 3) is not related to what is on your device list.

If your husband wants to watch something while you watch something else, ask him to pony up for the Boost - that’s only fair.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

May be I was speeking in dificulty due to anoyance. I have been with NOWTV since 2013. I only ever normaly use my Ipad to watch my now tv.   But occasionally if the ipad needs updating or I have left it at work. I may login on my macbook over the years. But very very rarely.  In April this year my hubby tried to watch football on our new tv live I paid for the live footy . but the new green nowtv app was not allowing this on the tv. .  So hence he used my laptop macbook.

issues about watching screening where all nowtv. I can watch and pay for 1 live footbal and watch something else on another device always have been able to.   i PAY FOR MONTHLY  sub and then paid seperate for footy live  match.   2 different payments two different payments should allow 2 different programs.   But Now tv flagged up  I was using two may devices. Never ever has NOWTV app said I can only use 1 device. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

That’s because until the 19th July you were always allowed 2 streams at once. Which has been advertised on the help centre. And until the changes there was a banner within your account.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/we-are-making-some-changes

Since then unless you had Boost you are restricted to 1 stream. 
It’s clearly a way to increase the use of Boost. Which provides 3 streams at once. 

Whilst I do not agree with reducing the number of streams it has angered a fair number of customers and rightly so. However it never affected me as I had Boost since it was introduced.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Iv just gone onto chat and they have removed a device from my account for me i went onto live chat and just asked to remove a decice and it only took them a couple of seconds to do 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Excellent!

May I ask what was the reason you wanted the device removed, and was the removal effective in achieving this?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How can I delete devices

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Depends on why you want to delete the device?

Have you logged out of the device that you no longer use? 
If so then you don’t need to do anything as there is no limitation on devices registered.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help