cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Delete device

Some please help 

I have 6 devices on my account and we don’t use them anymore. I have previously added and removed devices with no problem but I can’t seem to do it now. I have tried ...help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The Manage Devices on your account has changed recently, where there is no option to remove devices manually by clicking on the bin icon.

Have a read of this :- 

You can have up to devices stored on your account and watch on device at a time (3 if you have NOW Boost).

If you're a BT customer, you can watch on 2 devices at once as long as one is a BT TV Box and you start streaming in the correct order. For more details, see the Streaming and devices section here. If you have Boost, you can watch on 3 devices at a time.

Once you’ve added devices up to your maximum of 6, when you start watching on a new device the one with the oldest Last used date and no downloads on it will automatically be removed to make space for it. Devices with downloads on them will be the last to be removed.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The Manage Devices on your account has changed recently, where there is no option to remove devices manually by clicking on the bin icon.

Have a read of this :- 

You can have up to devices stored on your account and watch on device at a time (3 if you have NOW Boost).

If you're a BT customer, you can watch on 2 devices at once as long as one is a BT TV Box and you start streaming in the correct order. For more details, see the Streaming and devices section here. If you have Boost, you can watch on 3 devices at a time.

Once you’ve added devices up to your maximum of 6, when you start watching on a new device the one with the oldest Last used date and no downloads on it will automatically be removed to make space for it. Devices with downloads on them will be the last to be removed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ahhh so only one person at one time can now watch? That’s annoying really

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Yeah one stream at a time (unless you are a BT TV Customer who are granted two streams) or Boost Membership gets you three streams plus other benefits.

This seems to be the biggest complaint by customers since NOW have made recent changes to their service plus adverts for non Boost Member's. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It’s a bit naughty really, I will cancel my subscription I think, it’s costing to much to just have 1 person to stream and an additional amount for the boost, ridiculous.

thanks for your help 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do you know when this changed as i used to be able to stream on two devices at once?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It was scheduled to be 15th July, but didn’t take place until 19th. Nonetheless here is the link to explain all the changes.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/we-are-making-some-changes

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Do you know when this changed as i used to be able to stream on two devices at once?

Hi @Anonymous User 

The changes you are referring to took effect as of 19th of July 2021, although the changes were originally supposed to take effect as of 15 July 2021. I do think the limit of one active stream at once is a bit harsh, but the information below might be of some help and explain what exactly is going on. This

Unless you have boost you can only stream on one device at once. Now boost would allow you to stream on up to 3 devices at once. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/we-are-making-some-changes

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost

Keep in mind that if you do sign up for boost. It can take up to 4 hours for the account changes to take effect unless you sign out the now app and sign back in again

I know much of this probably isn't you want to hear but at least you now know what's going on😀

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How long does it take for the Boost to work? I have just added this to my account yet can't have more that a single stream still. Help, very frustrating, I want to watch the cricket!!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

When did you apply Boost and in what method?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost

If you've added Boost via our website, your account could take up to 4 hours to reflect the fact that you've added it. To get around this, you can trigger your account to update by signing out of the NOW app and signing back in again.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help