cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Curfew

Can anyone understand what is going on in this show? I can't seem to follow the plot. ๐Ÿ˜‚

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? ๐Ÿ™‚
13 REPLIES 13
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @caseyb1993 

Was holding back on this TV show because the clips i have seen on the Sky adverts about this TV show didn't appeal to me from first impressions, but i do like Sean Bean has an actor though. 

Based on what you have posted i think i will give it a miss (you usually have pretty good taste in TV shows apart from you couldn't get on with GOT if my memory serves me right which is one of my all time greats ๐Ÿ˜).

I have plenty of stuff to watch anyway between NowTV, Netflix and Amazon ๐Ÿ˜‰.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps Regarding GoT, I gave the pilot episode a shot but thought "not for me". Started again to shut @Andy up (haha) and I did get until the end of season 2 but got bored so I dropped it. I couldn't follow it! Plus, me with scenes of animals = ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข

Ah yes, Sean Bean aka. The Walking Spoiler ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Thanks for ruining Wacky Races for me, Andy! BTW, I'm pretty confused about all of it so good luck explaining ๐Ÿ˜‚

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? ๐Ÿ™‚
ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993  @Anonymous User  @schnapps  & Especially @Andy 

Guys

I, like Andy, love watching Curfew,  I find it just strange enough to have a touch of originality but not so strange that it would put me off.

While all the time the racers, who are all desperate enough to believe a "Safe Haven Myth", are being shot at by "shoot to kill" militaristic police and stalked by night dwelling, flesh eating, fast zombie-like creatures.

Can't wait until the next episode.

Sean Bean.jpg

UK Bob

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Glad you're also enjoying Curfew @ukbobboy 

@caseyb1993 I've reached my saturation point in number of TV shows I can watch in one go so my brain can't remember most of the names, but it goes something like this

Spoiler

Britain (the world?) has been infected by a virus (that we learn has been released by that medical company that the kid hacked into to download all their secrets onto a USB drive that he was supposed to destroy but kept in his back pocket instead) that is causing people to turn into 28 Days Later style ('not really zombies cos they're still alive but we'll call them zombies cos that's what they look like) zombies that only come out at night - hence the Govt has set up a curfew and built a ruddy big wall around London to keep people in/out, a bit like Trump. 

There is an island sanctuary somewhere (supposedly) that is offering safe haven for anyone who can win Wacky Races (for reasons unknown, but I doubt Elon Musk-man woke up one day and thought I'll offer some free places on my island but instead of just calling up Madonna and telling her to come over, I'll go to the extreme lengths of devising an uber-complicated race to decide who comes, despite the fact that it's going to be a load of little tinkers who take up the offer) so we end up with our group of racers all desparately trying to find safety from being eaten alive. 

So different groups are racing for different reasons. There's ambulance woman, whose mother was infected and killed by the Police (except she wasn't killed, she's still alive and now in an unknown medical facility, and was involved in the medical research leading to the virus creation) and has now met back up with Michael (who she first met when she was a medical researcher curing his paralysis with dodgy medical procedures). She's trying to escape so she can find a cure for the virus, but Michael's not interested in cures he just needs a ride cos he totalled his own car before the race). 

The family of the kid who hacked the medical facility are on the run because they are after the research he's hacked, and his dad is ripped to pieces before they can set off but (every cloud has a silver lining) managed to come up with a book chock-full of detailed escape plans for the race so they hold the key to getting out of the city. Bit of a c*ck up means they've sort of teamed up with Ambulance girl and Michael now. They've found tunnels to get past the wall but hacker boy's mum ends up being bitten and presumably infected so she is left behind, but that doesn't stop the team that I call Arkansas Chuggabug picking her up at the end to join in their moonshine party. 

Sean Bean (General) is with babysitter-girl Faith, who we find did a proper sh*t job of babysitting on her first night and seems to have realised she's not cut out for the babysitting world anymore and has now teamed up with Sean (who we saw at the end of the babysitting flashback - was he the father of the kids and that's why he's gone a bit mental? Not clear but possibly) and is now expecting a baby, like, literally any second now but doesn't stop her shooting a whole batallion of border guards with machine guns - she's either played a heck of a lot of Resident Evil or there's something else about her we don't know. 

Other teams we know little about yet but I'm guessing they'll get backstories coming up

Make sense? In my head it's sorted, but I doubt you can make head nor tail of it!  

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy  Thanks! That actually did clear a lot up, will probably need you again for episode 4! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 I'll keep my notebook handy then! 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy  @caseyb1993  @Anonymous User  @schnapps  @Karl-F 

Guys

I was checking out Now TV last night/this morning looking for the latest episode of Curfew when to my shock and dismay only episode 8 was displayed as the next scheduled show, episode 7 was missing.

So while episode 7, which would have been shown this week, is missing only episode 8 is thumbnailed as being shown next week. Therefore, the question is, why is episode 7 not being shown?

UK Bob

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy episode 7 is showing on Sky One this Friday as scheduled, the episode 8 listing will be a bug/missing entry in the database. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy @Andy 

This sort of thing seems to be popping-up lately with quite a few shows........ the thumbnail for the next available episode seems to be for the one in two weeks, it misses a week out??? 

Sometimes in a show listing, under the 'latest' section it will miss the next available episode and show the one for two weeks, BUT, if you go to the 'season' listing the next available episode is the correct one (or vice versa).  So definitely seems to be some bug in the listing mechanism.

However, when the next expected episode does arrive things do then seem to right themselves.