cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steve411
Scholar

Controls on NowTv

I used to have Sky Q and we moved to NowTv as we moved house and could not get a signal due to trees. We love NOWTV but there are a few things that could improve it.

There needs to be a way to fast forward to the end of the programme like the button already on NowTv to go to the beginning. There needs to be a way to stop another episode appearing on continue watching like a series link option on/off.

A trailer option for films would be good like we could on sky. 
24 hour planner on the live TV section. I use the Sky + and Sky Q App to see what is on later at the moment.

i know this is not Sky Q but I know other customers would love to see these on NowTv. 
👍🏻

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ukbobboy
Legend

@Steve411 

Hey Steve

Couple of things before I start, 1)  I'm not Now TV, just a customer like yourself and 2) Now TV is looking into starting up an Ideas Board but Corona put the kibosh on that for now.

Your ideas have me mystified, the facilities you mention we already have unless I've got the wrong end of the stick.  Let me explain;

You said, "There needs to be a way to fast forward to the end of the programme...."

Well, there already is both a "fast forward" button, on the remote control, and an FF facility on the screen, which can be called up by pressing the "OK", also on the RC.

You also said, "There needs to be a way to stop another episode appearing on continue watching..."

Again this facility already exist, at the end of an episode, where there is a following episode in the same series, two buttons appear. The first one says "Maybe Later", which if your click the episode ends without the next one starting, and the second button says  "Continue"* which will start the following episode in the series.

* can't remember is it says Continue or something else, but it does start the next episode in the series.

So, I hope you can clear up my misunderstand.

Later.

UK Bob

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ukbobboy
Legend

@Steve411 

Hey Steve

Couple of things before I start, 1)  I'm not Now TV, just a customer like yourself and 2) Now TV is looking into starting up an Ideas Board but Corona put the kibosh on that for now.

Your ideas have me mystified, the facilities you mention we already have unless I've got the wrong end of the stick.  Let me explain;

You said, "There needs to be a way to fast forward to the end of the programme...."

Well, there already is both a "fast forward" button, on the remote control, and an FF facility on the screen, which can be called up by pressing the "OK", also on the RC.

You also said, "There needs to be a way to stop another episode appearing on continue watching..."

Again this facility already exist, at the end of an episode, where there is a following episode in the same series, two buttons appear. The first one says "Maybe Later", which if your click the episode ends without the next one starting, and the second button says  "Continue"* which will start the following episode in the series.

* can't remember is it says Continue or something else, but it does start the next episode in the series.

So, I hope you can clear up my misunderstand.

Later.

UK Bob

Steve411
Scholar

Hi Bob,
1 There is a FF button on screen and RC, I’m not that stupid, this one of course fast forwards the selected programme,  but it is not one that takes you right to the end in one go, you have to scroll through the whole programme to the end. There is a button that takes you right the start on screen (far left), not the rewind option or rewind on the RC but it takes you the start, a forward to the end in one go would be good, mystified no longer I hope.

2 it says maybe later but it would be good to stop it reappearing. I watched an episode of the late late show, the next episode appeared when it was aired automatically,  hence why I mentioned the series link option.

3 There is no film preview option like in Sky, this would be really useful. 

4 I’d love to be able to see the program forwarding or rewinding with the picture above, you can’t locate a scene etc very easily. If unsure what I mean look at Netflix etc. when you rewind or ffwd you can see the program speeded up.

Hope that helps explain what I mean Bob in a clearer way.

Thanks Steve

Steve411
Scholar

Hi Bob,

I think you’ll agree that it is long winded when you have to find the final episode, scroll to the end of the series to stop a programme reappearing in your continue watching. A series link would be a good idea, hence why Sky use it. 
If not a series link, then at least a delete button like in the my watchlist. 
The late late show has 100 episodes in series 5. I had to find episode 100, scroll to the end to stop it reappearing in the continue watching section.

Hope this makes sense Bob.

Steve 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Steve411 

Hi again Steve

Yeah, the picture you're painting is clearer now and, since I've never been a Sky customer, I had no real idea of what you were describing in your first post.

That said, I hope you put forward your idea when Covid 19 is nothing but a distant memory and Now TV have their proposed Ideas Board up and running.  However, it does seem that you are asking for the adaptation of Sky's show running software, which is probably easier than upgrading Now TV's one, but whichever route is chosen, it will take a very long time to implement. 

Still, your idea does seem to be a good one and I do hope it gets adopted.

Cheers

UK Bob

Steve411
Scholar
Hi Bob,
Thank you for your kind words. Things do take a while to change and of course money, I am just picking up on a few frustrations. I have read the one about the continue watching problem many times on here, I think that should be one they concentrate on.
Take care during this difficult time.
Steve