cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Connecting new WiFi

My WiFi has recently changed, and I don't have a remote for the now TV box (I use the app on my phone) my problem is, because the now TV box is not connected to the new WiFi and my phone is, I can't sync my phone to the now TV box. Could someone help me? How do I connect the now TV box to the new WiFi with no remote only phone app? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

If you had a Stick in this situation, you’d be Stuck, but  as it’s a box and not a Stick, it has an Ethernet port, so you can wire it to your router that way, regain control of it with the mobile app, and set up the WiFi.

This does mean that you need to position the box within reach of a mains socket for power, and with an HDMI cable to a TV so you can see what’s going on, and an Ethernet cable to the router to make the temporary connection so you can set it up, and this may be easy or hard depending on how your kit is physically arranged; but it should be doable.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

If you had a Stick in this situation, you’d be Stuck, but  as it’s a box and not a Stick, it has an Ethernet port, so you can wire it to your router that way, regain control of it with the mobile app, and set up the WiFi.

This does mean that you need to position the box within reach of a mains socket for power, and with an HDMI cable to a TV so you can see what’s going on, and an Ethernet cable to the router to make the temporary connection so you can set it up, and this may be easy or hard depending on how your kit is physically arranged; but it should be doable.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I didn't even think of this! Thank you very much, I'm trying it now 😊