cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Connecting a second tv

I have connected my tv with the now tv box and its great, I would like to connect a second tv but really dont know how..any help woulod be appreciated.

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks v much will do as you say and watch you tube...won't bother u any more 😊😊
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If you're considering a Roku streaming stick and have a wall mounted TV consider where the HDMI inouts on your TV are. If they are rear facing you might struggle plugging the stick in as it extends about 8cm behind. Side facing inputs are better, and you can ask Roku for a free extender cable if you want the stick to dangle behind, but also bear in mind a stick stuck between the back of a TV and a solid wall isn't a great place for a wifi device, make sure you have a strong wifi signal in your kitchen.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

This YouTube video should give you a good general idea about the Roku stick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLoN6Vx5eqU

Like @Andy has rightly mentioned make sure that you have a good WiFi reception from where your TV is located in the Kitchen.

If your TV HDMI Port is on the back of the TV and is not side facing then you can either get a HDMI extender fly lead from Roku or Ebay sell a 90 deg angle HDMI extender for a tight space fit behind wall TV's.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If you are thinking of buying the older version of the Roku stick (similar to the picture below) then personally i wouldn't spend more than £15 on this product and if you find the WiFi is poor at the rear of your Kitchen TV, then make sure the Retailer accepts a full refund should you wish to return the item.

th.jpg

I am not sure what your budget is, where i am guessing you want to spend the minimum amount possible ?

There are  obviously more expensive options available for watching NowTV on your Kitchen Television, where the Roku stick is the cheapest method IMO (subject to that you can receive a good WiFi signal at the rear of your TV).

Perhaps other useful forum members can offer you other alternative devices to watch NowTV on your Kitchen Television without spending a significant amount of money.    

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Once again thanks I'll give this a try
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User, @schnapps Although not available for a few weeks yet, the new Roku Express looks ideal for this as it comes with an HDMI cable and a sticky tape so that it can be fixed anywhere convenient. Roku suggest on the top or side of the TV, for example. And it’s only £29.99.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Mark_Weinreb

I did mention in my post number 6 on here about the Roku Express for £30 which is a mini size style box that you can double sided sticky tape to the TV.

The Roku Express miniature box must be inline of sight of the supplied Roku remote controller (unless @Anonymous User wishes to use the Roku remote controller App on a mobile smart phone or tablet).

Not sure if @Anonymous User budget will stretch that far ?

If so, then yes i would agree it would be my first choice over the older Roku stick.

I currently have the older Roku stick where i am going to replace it with the Roku Express mini streaming box once the new Roku Express is available at my local Tesco Superstore where i can take advantage of my clubcard vouchers and save an extra few pounds off the RRP of £29.99 Smiley Happy

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps @Anonymous User @Mark_Weinreb @Anonymous User @Andy

Guys

Chris said, "I went to currys but no sticks . I explained to the salesperson what I wanted it for but he said it wouldn't be compatible with now tv and I'd have to use a now tv stick. I am confused".

Is this not typical of the kind of NONSENSE advise you get from currys sales staff?

The store did not have what Chris wanted so the sales person tried to get her to buy something else. which BTW does not exist, there is no such thing as a Now TV stick.

No wonder Chris walked away confused.

The moral of this story is, "Never, ever, ask Currys sales staff for advice, always do your pre-purchase research beforehand".

UK Bob

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy yes it is typical of them. Remember that these are the same people who were telling customers that you could get all the Freeview channels on the original black box.

As for the non-existant Now TV stick, maybe they’ll find a Roku stick cross out Roku and write in Now TV. That would be very Monty Python or possibly Marty Feldman.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Mark_Weinreb

Hi Mark

You know, back in the mid 80's I read a complaint about currys staff selling a blank betamax tape to a naive couple looking to buy a cheap blank VHS tape.

Currys are infamous for their technical prowess.

UK Bob