cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Connecting a second tv

I have connected my tv with the now tv box and its great, I would like to connect a second tv but really dont know how..any help woulod be appreciated.

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.  If you wish to connect a 2nd TV & use at the same time you'd need another device in order to view, unless your TV is an LG which has a built in app.  The cheapest way to do this if you don't have a second device is to purchase a NOW TV Box.  It's then just case of logging into the device with the same username and password which will register it as your second device (you can have up to 4 & watch on 2 at once).  

Here's some info about all supported devices http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

Hope this helps

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

i have just bought a NOW TV Box and connected it to my bedroom tv. What I want to know is can I watch on my kitchen tv without buying another box as the tv is on wall and nowhere to put the box. One tv will only be watched at any one time probably . Sorry for being a bit blonde 😀😀

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Unless your Kitchen TV is a smart version with the inbuilt NowTV App, then you would need to connect a NowTV playback device to your Kitchen TV.

You can have a maximum of four devices and two simultaneous streams on your NowTV account.

For a Kitchen TV watching NowTV i would be tempted in buying a cheap Roku Streaming Stick where according to members over on the HotUK website a number of Currys Stores are clearing old stock of the Roku stick for £7.50 (the deal is not on Currys website and may be only available at selected stores).

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks but would I do with the stick?
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If your Kitchen TV has a spare HDMI port, you would plug the small Roku stick into the back of the TV.

You would need either then to plug the supplied mains power adaptor into a local mains power socket or if your Kitchen TV has a USB powered port you can use that for the power to the Roku stick.

I would suggest watching a few YouTube videos on the Roku UK spec streaming stick.

The old Roku stick is a little sluggish navigating around the user interface, but would be suitable for occasional viewing on a Kitchen TV IMO.

For £7.50 if you can pick one up from Currys is a no brainer if you ask me for a Kitchen TV player.

The new Roku Players coming to the UK at the end of the month will be more expensive (starting from £30 which is a small miniature box which you can double sticky tape to the bottom of your TV, where the box needs to be inline of sight with the remote controller infra red.

Alternatively you could look at a Chromecast for around £30, but you would need a mobile phone or tablet has the casting device.

Personally i would go with a Roku.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I went to currys but no sticks . I explained to the salesperson what I wanted it for but he said it wouldn't be compatible with now tv and I'd have to use a now tv stick. I am confused. com😳😳😳
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The Sales person at Currys is totally wrong.

I own an older Roku stick and trust me you can get NowTV on it where the user interface when in the App is identical to the NowTV App on the NowTV box.

Here's all the Apps you can get on the Roku players including the Roku stick.

https://www.roku.com/en-gb/index

With the old Roku stick being discontinued, i would keep an eye out on places like Amazon or Ebay (With the new Roku Express coming towards the end of the month, hopefully the Roku stick will be selling around the £15 price mark or cheaper).

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for your help
I think I understand
Just to confirm then I would insert the roku stick
Into the tv....put my wireless code in.....choose the input and now tv app should come up??

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Plug the the Roku stick into the HDMI port on your TV.

Power from the Roku stick will need either be connect to a USB powered port on your TV (if available ?) or you need to plug into the mains wall socket (cables and power adaptor included in the box).

When you powered the Roku up for the first time you will need to setup a Roku Account and will have to give your credit card details unfortunately (don't worry most of the Apps are free including the NowTV App, suggest putting a payment PIN also on your Roku account).

I have been using Roku for over 3 years now and never been charged for watching the main UK Apps including NowTV (over my normal monthly NowTV subscription).

You would also then have to connect to your Router via WiFi by adding your Router password etc (similar how you setup your nowtv box).

Then when you use the NowTV App for the first time on the Roku stick , sign into the App with your identical NowTV username and password as per your NowTV box.

Before looking into the Roku stick i would recommend watching a few Youtube Videos to get more of an understanding of how it works.