cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Connecting a new WiFi

Hello I have moved into a new property with a new WiFi code and when connecting my now tv box and typing in the password it won’t connect. 
it worked fine with my previous one. Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Not familiar with the Three internet service, but when you factory reset your NowTV box it should ask for the Network Name and WiFi password, where you need to enter this information from the Three Router.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you using a new Router in your new property ?

What i would try is if you have the older NowTV black box is to push a pin in the small reset hole in the back of the box for 30 seconds to factory reset the box and start from scratch again with the SSID network name and wifi password on your new Router.

If you are using a NowTV Freeview or NowTV 4K Smart box, turn the box over and underneath the bottom of the box, there is a small reset button and press the button in for about 15 to 20 seconds to factory reset it.

When factory resetting the NowTV box, switch the power onto the box and television when undertaking a factory reset.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Spoiler
I’ve got the old box. I reset it and it went back to the beginning and I tried to connect to the new WiFi and just said unable to connect again 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Out of curiosity who is your internet service provider ?

Are your  other internet connected devices working in your new property when using the WiFi Router ?

I am guessing you are using the correct network name and WiFi password from the information on the id card or sticker on your Router or Router packing box ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Another question can you use an Ethernet cable between the NowTV box and your Router ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps I don’t think I’ve got one of those cables 🙄 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps I was with talk talk and now this new one at my mums is ‘three’ internet works throughout the house and connects all devices apart from this one. I just assumed it would just connect. Unless there is a way to delete my old talk talk one? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Not familiar with the Three internet service, but when you factory reset your NowTV box it should ask for the Network Name and WiFi password, where you need to enter this information from the Three Router.