cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Compliment

I've been with NowTV broadband for the better part of a year and a half and am switching to ShellEnergy who provide my broadband free with my electricity that's the only reason for my switch I'm wanting to leave a massive thank-you to the staff who have provided me with so much support and help in setting up and managing my account as I struggle due to disabilities and I will be staying with the NowTV - Stick service though!

Once again, a quick loving - over the top - thank you to everyone at NowTV who runs the Social-Medias, managing the network, the content you put-out onto the NowTV - Sticks is great too, nothing but appreciation for this company and I will without a doubt be returning in 8 months once my Broadband plan is available to switch again and assuming the fast-fiber plan remains at a reasonable price!

I've never recommended a company more than I recommend you, incredible service.

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ll start by apologising for hijacking your post!

I think it’s high time someone gave a bit of kudos to the folk at NOW TV. I doubt very much that they’re just driving around in their Lamborghinis, sipping champagne & laughing at their customers having issues with the app/box etc.

Some of the ‘complaints’ people post on here are unnecessarily rude & quite frequently irrelevant. I would hate to think some chap/chappette at NOW has to look at these posts and think they aren’t doing a good job.

My experience with this service has been excellent. I’ve had a smart box (with Freeview) for about 2 years now, and the very first thing I did was make a balls-up on adding/removing from my device list. I got in touch with a staff member via live-chat, who (quite against their own rules!) wiped all my devices off the list and let me start again. Brilliant!

I was gutted the new smart box didn’t have Freeview, so I did what any smarter that the average bear would do & bought two second hand ones from eBay. It is simply the ideal device for me & although I think its step backwards to remove the Freeview facility*, if I had no other option, I’d still buy one of the new pink ones.

So here’s to the folk at NOW TV. Your hard work is appreciated, your devices are excellent & I’m sure you’re a bunch of wicked sexy people too.

*bring back Freeview on your next box maybe?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I think one of the things that killed the Freeview box was the lack of numeric keys on the remote.

How do you deal with this?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Message to Now TV - if you are thinking of providing Freeview don’t put an aerial into a Now TV device again. 

Instead provide all the Freeview channels on TV guide so they can be accessed via streams using TV player, iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, My 5 etc.

If there is one thing you could improve, can make the live buffer a bit bigger?  30 minutes is nice, but I find I really need a bit longer. 60 minutes would be good,

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I think you will find that there are a good few Freeview channels that you can’t get over the internet.

Including my wife’s favourite, the Sony Movie channel, on 32.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I agree I enjoy nowtv and for what it gives and been using it for a while now, I find the 720p quality not to bad due to them using a decent streaming bitrate

I'd like a slightly better EPG though where maybe it could show more for what's on for the day.. rather than just the next program only

But i would definitely agree to a new freeview box with better internal hardware would be great with maybe a way to record freeview channels via internal storage that allows say around 20hrs worth just to record that odd program / film here and there

Maybe using a design something like sky q's basic remote.. where could make use of the number keypad if program numbering was possible

Streaming of freeview channels be pretty cool to, even if I had buy a cheap pass for it since would then be able to get the extra HD channels sky gives like ITV2 HD, ITV3 HD, ITV4 HD, Film4 HD etc
RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

I suggest you buy a YouView box; there are lots of HD BT T21nn and T22nn boxes around, so no need to pay full price. Or even better, a 4K BT T4000 box if you can find one cheap.

These currently have a NowTV app that only supports Movies, but this is set to become complete, and include Entertainment and everything else, in the near future.

Sky’s aim with NowTV is to Dyson up all the people who want some Sky, but will never sign up for full Sky; that’s a delicate balancing act, and the closer NowTV gets to the full Sky service, the more the chance that this will cannibalise existing and potential full Sky subscribers.

So, both for this reason, and because of all the established Freeview PVRs that are out there, a NowTV PVR is something I think unlikely.

As regards those HD channels you mention, they are Sky-only, and not on Freeview at all (as I think you realise), and if Sky wanted to add them to NowTV as further streaming channels, it could start the process for that tomorrow, across all existing NowTV devices, subject only to, perhaps, the agreements it currently has with the providers of those channels.

But again, Sky has to bear in mind the possible cannibalisation considerations.

And, of course, those HD channels would drop to HD Ready on NowTV’s existing 720p service.

The 720p limitation on NowTV, instead of it providing Full HD 1080p, may be another manifestation of Sky worrying about cannibalisation. But if you are listening Sky, then don’t worry, it won’t; in fact, you need to go 1080p before people on NowTV leak away to other streaming services.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV PVR is something I think unlikely.

i don’t expect a PVR, but there may be some limited cloud recording like TV player. With TV player everyone gets 10 hours, but that can be bumped up to 150 hours for £5/month.  It would most useful for Sport as pretty much everything is on catch up/on demand on Entertainment/Cinema (except The Simpsons).

Alternatively Now could just make all live sports coverage catch up for up to 7 days like Premier Sports.  Last night was a bit of a pain with Wales, Scotland and Norther Ireland all playing at the same time. Would be good to watch the games today rather than the 30 minute highlights.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Deleted - misinformation