cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
redchiz1
Champion 2

Communication

Having recently returned to both NOW TV and this community, I am astonished at the number of ongoing and continuing new posts around such things as device limits, adverts and the other changes implemented a while back. Did NOW not communicate these to subscribers at the time directly by email?

20 REPLIES 20
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@redchiz1 

If your talking about the changes that involve adverts and boost, there was notification banners in everyone’s account.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/we-are-making-some-changes

Personally I got the email some point in June telling me exactly what was getting changed. 

It’s bound to happen that some customers were missed when sending out notifications. However if no-one had an active membership then I doubt they would have received any emails about the changes. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
redchiz1
Champion 2

Ah OK, that would certainly explain some of the queries maybe. But not why people can't be arsed to try the Help pages first!

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

Blow-ins from the relatively calm and ordered YouView Community must be amazed at the pickle that some Now members can get themselves into, and/or that Now can get them into.

Superusers (YouView’s equivalent of our Community Contributors) have so little to do, they are reduced to making bad puns and knocking seven bells out of each other.

At least here, there is more than plenty to get your teeth into, though it’s best to keep away from hard surfaces at head height.

As regards the Help, it is indeed a rich resource, if you can find what you want; but the Search facility does limit its usefulness; Google learned years ago that if you specify two terms you only want results from the intersection on the Venn diagrams, but Now still gives you both 😢

To see what I mean, think of some search terms that should get you to the information that the number of simultaneous streams has dropped from 2 to 1 (if you don’t have Boost), and see how many of them do, with particular emphasis on the number of results returned that you have to plough through, and how many seem to have any relevance to the issue at all.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

Thanks @RoyB. As a star on here do you happen to know how long, if ever, I will get to choose my own avatar and why they don't allow it in the first place?

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

I don’t, I’m afraid. When I started there were 53 levels a customer could climb, and I had slowly and painfully, but inexorably worked myself up to Mentor Level 2, step 30 on the greasy pole.

Then NowTV collapsed the hierarchy so the first 18 levels are gone, and progress though the remaining levels was fast-tracked. I see you are already a Scholar, the level above Advocate, which is the level people start on these days, or rapidly attain, to the immense annoyance of people who reckon drains to Now, but find themselves yclept Advocate anyway, a status they repudiate.

I had my own avatar when I was a Mentor, the level above yours, and I seem to recall getting it as a Scholar (have you tried it lately?), but maybe things have changed.

Now, though, still want you to earn the right to your own avatar, as an investment in belonging.

In fact the whole hierarchy was an investment in belonging, and Now hoped that flattening the steep slope would encourage more people to make that investment, though I’m not sure it has.

When they collapsed the hierarchy, I was catapulted to Legend 5, a status I did not then feel I had earned; but I have no idea where I would be now if the old rules were still in force; perhaps I would have earned it by now, perhaps not.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @redchiz1 

Before NOW changed the ranking system and made it easier to climb up the ranking board, you had to reach Regular 1 status before you could add your own avatar photo.

Can't remember the number of posts you needed but would have guessed between 100 to 200 posts on the Community Forum, plus a couple of thumbs up thanks received (don't think you needed any accepted solutions though i might be wrong).

Not sure Regular status is now even on the new ranking status format.

Perhaps @Simon-J The NOW Community Manager can provide the information you are seeking ?

redchiz1
Champion 2

Thanks guys, it's no biggy, just seems a bit unnecessarily restrictive.

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

It’s like that to keep the ws in check 😛

redchiz1
Champion 2

It doesn't seem to put them off ....