cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BicBasher
Scholar 5

Re: Churn rates

Subs for the catch-up shows would be the most logical solution, although that doesn't stop a deaf person complaning that they can't watch The Simpsons as NOW TV doesn't have the catch-up rights.

There's always going to be churn with NOW TV thanks to the way it's designed to be, people may only pay for a pass to see the Ashes, Premier League, a certain film or themed film weekend or Game of Thrones then take a break.

Luckily there's enough for me to watch on the Ent pass alone to pay all year round.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | NOW TV Smart Box 4K wired connected, NVidia Shield 2017 using Chromecast Built-in, Sony Xperia E5 (Android Marshmallow), Fire Tablet (2017 edition), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using the Now TV Win 8.1/10 App.
0 Thanks
DarylM Expert 5
Expert 5

@BicBasher wrote:

There's always going to be churn with NOW TV thanks to the way it's designed to be

I would expect high churn on any no-contract monthly service.  Which is why I was surprised to see that, in the US, churn for Netflix is as low as cable services which run 12-month contracts.

I just assumed that most people would watch something for a bit then cancel every so often.  I guess these services are -individually - low-cost enough to keep going all year round.  But people who use Now TV, Netflix & Amazon are (probably?) more likely to switch between them.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

0 Thanks
BicBasher
Scholar 5

@DarylM wrote:

@BicBasher wrote:

There's always going to be churn with NOW TV thanks to the way it's designed to be

I would expect high churn on any no-contract monthly service.  Which is why I was surprised to see that, in the US, churn for Netflix is as low as cable services which run 12-month contracts.

I just assumed that most people would watch something for a bit then cancel every so often.  I guess these services are -individually - low-cost enough to keep going all year round.  But people who use Now TV, Netflix & Amazon are (probably?) more likely to switch between them.

I keep my Netflix sub going as it's so low that I'm happy for them to take the £6.99pm I currently pay (£7.50 for new customers) and have so much content to watch, plus I can watch movies in 1080p which NOW TV don't provide.

As for Prime, I only use it when Amazon offer the annual 30 day free trial of their full Prime service, there's enough on there for me to watch in 30 days, then not use it again for 11 months.

I had the Movies pass for a few months last year,  then took a break and now back for three months.  If I'm offered a retention deal when I cancel the three month pass, I'll probably keep it for a short time longer.   I also like the ability to watch the real time Sky Movies channels in addition to back catalogue.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | NOW TV Smart Box 4K wired connected, NVidia Shield 2017 using Chromecast Built-in, Sony Xperia E5 (Android Marshmallow), Fire Tablet (2017 edition), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using the Now TV Win 8.1/10 App.
0 Thanks
hardofhearing
First Poster

hey i was wondering if now tv will be bring in subtitles im hard of hear and girlfriend is profoundly deaf,

i dont mind watching my sport but surely if sky is a parent company of nowtv then they should act up on it. My friend has sky she watches programs and some films which includes subtitles. please please sort it out .

0 Thanks
Birgit-R
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @hardofhearing

We don't have any updates in regards to subtitles, however we do hope we can implement them in the future.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks