cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Charged for free Sky Cinema Month Pass

I started the week free trail for the Sky Cinema Month Pass on 29.10.20 and cancelled on 05.11.20 yet I was still charged. I have also been charged for the Entertainment Month Pass even though I cancelled the Sky Cinema Month Pass on the 29.10.20.

I am unable to get any kind of answers via the NOW TV chat and there is no phone number to talk to any advisors.

I do feel I have been unfairly charged/tricked out of £21.98 and would like a full refund please.

I have already completed a refund form but have had no acknowledgment of this form/it didn't work properly.  

Refund and better communication from NOW TV required.

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I make that the 8th day of your 7-day free trial. But it is advisable to cancel a trial as soon as you know you don’t want to continue it, as even though you get the full 7-day trial no matter what, NowTV’s billing cycle can start on the sixth day, due to the time it takes for the billing to go out via the card providers.

It is also advisable, when you think you have cancelled, to go into My Account/Manage Account/Passes & Vouchers, to ensure that it really does show as cancelled there; cancelling is a four-stage process, and there is no warning if you don’t complete all fours steps, and are therefore not actually cancelled.

Cancelling the Cinema Pass does not also cancel the Entertainment Pass; NowTV will assume that you wanted to keep this one of the two, and carry it on accordingly.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.