cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Charged 50p!! For phoning the speaking Clock!!??

Hi!!

Im new here an looking for some advice??

its not major I know, but I’m just confused??

i just checked my monthly bill to pay an I’ve been charged 50p for calling this number which is displayed as the speaking clock??

12306778200001?? 
i googled it an sure enough up came a page talking about the speaking clock??!!

i definitely did not phone this number?? Why would I??

so why have been charged for it??

any help would be gratefully received!!

many thanks and stay safe!!

Helen,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Have you recently switched broadband provider?

Or have you recently had (or reported) a fault on your phone line?

If so, this was most likely the result of a test call made by a BT OR (Openreach) engineer - it’s not an approved method of testing the line from the street cabinet, which makes me think it might have been handled by a BTOR “contractor” (e.g. MJQuinn etc) rather than a BTOR staffer, but this has happened before.

You’ll need to raise it with NOW TV, but not sure how best to do this quickly in the current situation (sorry) as the call centre wait times are apparently very long and Live Chat has gone AWOL!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Have you recently switched broadband provider?

Or have you recently had (or reported) a fault on your phone line?

If so, this was most likely the result of a test call made by a BT OR (Openreach) engineer - it’s not an approved method of testing the line from the street cabinet, which makes me think it might have been handled by a BTOR “contractor” (e.g. MJQuinn etc) rather than a BTOR staffer, but this has happened before.

You’ll need to raise it with NOW TV, but not sure how best to do this quickly in the current situation (sorry) as the call centre wait times are apparently very long and Live Chat has gone AWOL!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi!!

Thank you for replying!!

I’ve tried to find a way of contacting NowTv, but there’s absolutely nothing showing!

I’ve checked my call list on my phone an that number definitely isn’t on there, an it’s only me here an there’s been no-one else!

I live in a block of 4 flats, an I know that there is no end of trouble with flat numbers, but since getting my phone and broadband in October, I’ve had no trouble like this??

I will say that we have a box on the street that BT are never away from? I don’t know if that is of any significance? An I don’t really want to say to my neighbours?? But I will if I see them!! It’s so annoying that Now have not given us any means of getting into contact with them!

many thanks for your advice and I’ll keep my post updated!!

Helen, 😊

@Anonymous User 

I have sent you a private message giving details of how to contact them