cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

Channel/App Problems

Dear Now TV (Help) Team

As we all know, from time to time an app/channel will go wrong, e.g. The Crunchy Roll App, and the standard response is to write or complain to the app/channel owners/maintainers directly.

The problem with this approach, as we all know, is like blowing in the wind, i.e. no company is going to take any notice of a lone complainer and a user cannot know if the problem gets to the right place where it can be dealt with.

Therefore, there should be a better way for Now TV smart box owners to get their app complaints to the right section within the right company. And as this information is not readily available, and as you do have this data, it would seems reasonable for you to act as a conduit to get your users app/channel concerns to the right place.

A simple way to do this would be to ask a user to fill out an online form, once completed the form could be automatically forwarded the app/channel provider and so not cause any extra work for the help team, as well as being more useful to the customer. 

Let me know what you think.

UK Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy we pretty much always raise app problems internally here, even if they're not our responsibility to fix. So reporting them on the forum as people do now is the right approach.

We could create some sort of a form, but to be honest, it'd probably end up being more hindrance than help. We can vet and troubleshoot any issues reported here, before escalating them, but if there was a form that people could fill in, it'd likely get used for all sorts of things, most of which wouldn't be relevant.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway!

Tom

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Except NOW TV aren't Roku who hold all the developer contact details.

ukbobboy
Legend

Artesea

You said, "Except NOW TV aren't Roku who hold all the developer contact details", which I find hard to believe.

I know Roku makes the Now TV box but I don't believe that they also choose the subset of apps/channels users can select from on the box or keep the contact details to themselves, that would mean that Now TV has no control over their device.

That just makes no business or technical sense whatsover. 

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy we pretty much always raise app problems internally here, even if they're not our responsibility to fix. So reporting them on the forum as people do now is the right approach.

We could create some sort of a form, but to be honest, it'd probably end up being more hindrance than help. We can vet and troubleshoot any issues reported here, before escalating them, but if there was a form that people could fill in, it'd likely get used for all sorts of things, most of which wouldn't be relevant.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway!

Tom

ukbobboy
Legend

Tom-R

Thanks for your explanation, which is very helpful, because initially I believed that if any user had a problem with an app/channel that user would effectively be on their own.

Therefore, it's good to know that you can trouble shoot and, if necessary, escalate a problem to the app/channel providers.

UK Bob 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had my NOW box for over a year, but lately since the way of accessing apps has changed a bit, if I want to watch anything other than the NOW app like iPlayer or channel 5, the remote has stopped working on them.  It works fine on the main channel, is there anything I can do to improve this?  Is it a known problem?  Please help if you can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

This question has been answered on this thread within the forum.

Thanks

Andy