cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Captions

I recently got a now TV stick mainly so I can watch game of thrones,  I'm.progoundly deaf so need to use captions and have captions on my TV all the time, but on now TV they are either not there or very bad and I have the captions option on and have been trying to contact now TV but am getting nowhere as it's just questions and no contact email or live person to talk to

13 REPLIES 13
RoyB
Legend

Greetings - oops, better not say in case anyone hasn’t seen Episode 2 yet Smiley Tongue

I don’t know about suddenly - the Always-On subtitles setting has been broken for ages.

So you have to turn them on for each new viewing session or programme, as per my posting above.

At least they stay on if you binge-watch consecutive episode of something back-to-back, though.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB wrote:

Greetings - oops, better not say in case anyone hasn’t seen Episode 2 yet Smiley Tongue

I don’t know about suddenly - the Always-On subtitles setting has been broken for ages.

So you have to turn them on for each new viewing session or programme, as per my posting above.

At least they stay on if you binge-watch consecutive episode of something back-to-back, though.

Sorry but how do you turn on subtitles for 'watch live' viewing? I don't see an option.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I don’t think subtitles are supported on live, alas.

But I did find a couple of live programmes that offered, variously, Watch on Demand (David Attenborough - Sky Atlantic) and Watch from Start (The Seventies - Sky Arts) in the live channels, and both of these had subtitles you could turn on from the * button.

But NCIS on Sky One, nothing. Just live, no subtitles.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB 

Thanks for the info. How ridiculous that Sky doesn't offer such a basic level of accessabilty for watching live streamed shows. Unbelievable! I feel we should all make a complaint to Sky but I doubt they'd listen.