cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoyB Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Captions

Greetings - oops, better not say in case anyone hasn’t seen Episode 2 yet Smiley Tongue

I don’t know about suddenly - the Always-On subtitles setting has been broken for ages.

So you have to turn them on for each new viewing session or programme, as per my posting above.

At least they stay on if you binge-watch consecutive episode of something back-to-back, though.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’.
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂

@RoyB wrote:

Greetings - oops, better not say in case anyone hasn’t seen Episode 2 yet Smiley Tongue

I don’t know about suddenly - the Always-On subtitles setting has been broken for ages.

So you have to turn them on for each new viewing session or programme, as per my posting above.

At least they stay on if you binge-watch consecutive episode of something back-to-back, though.

Sorry but how do you turn on subtitles for 'watch live' viewing? I don't see an option.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
RoyB Legend 5
Legend 5

@BrienneOfTarth 

I don’t think subtitles are supported on live, alas.

But I did find a couple of live programmes that offered, variously, Watch on Demand (David Attenborough - Sky Atlantic) and Watch from Start (The Seventies - Sky Arts) in the live channels, and both of these had subtitles you could turn on from the * button.

But NCIS on Sky One, nothing. Just live, no subtitles.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’.
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂

@RoyB 

Thanks for the info. How ridiculous that Sky doesn't offer such a basic level of accessabilty for watching live streamed shows. Unbelievable! I feel we should all make a complaint to Sky but I doubt they'd listen.

0 Thanks