cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

Captain America 3 - Civil War

Guys (especially Super Hero and Sci-Fi Fans)

There are good vibes coming out of the US about this new Marvel film, some say the best ever Marvel movie made so far (check out Rotten Tomatoes).

Movie clips can be edited to make a film seem better than it really is but the attached clip is just "WOW" (I can't explain it any other way).

All I can say at this stage, as I am current speechless    , is that I'm going to:

a) Book my cinema ticket   Ticket on Google Android 6.0.1asap

b) Order my DVD   DVD on Samsung Galaxy S7 as soon as it's available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwPSuVk4fhw#t=115.285333

UK Bob

13 REPLIES 13
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

I think DC are failing because they are desperately trying to catch up to Marvel's Avengers by cramming everything in within 1 maybe 2 movies. 

Instead of slowly playing out the story in let's say 3 to 4 movies, they are trying to rush it within a 2 and 1/2 hour film where nothing is really explained in detail.

We all know which movie I'm talking about 😉

I won't say it as I think people on here are sick of me praising it 😄

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993 @Andy @Anonymous User

Casey

Sorry but I don't agree with you, not with a single word you've just written.

DC is falling because WB does not understand the comic genre they've bought nor do they take any of the characters they promote seriously.

Take for example Young Justice, an excellent animation series (one of the best they have ever done) yet they cancelled it because young girls don't buy super hero action figures. Look at the Batman film franchise after Micheal Keaton played Batman, WB sabotaged it by turning it into a camp comedy.  And look what they did to Green Lantern's film, a character nearly as powerful as Superman, yet WB deliberately made a turkey.

I could go on (and on and on) but you understand that WB cannot consistently make good super hero films, they just cannot resist studio interference and making a dog's breakfast of the film franchise.

So, as far as I can see, WB making a DC universe is a sick joke because they'll destroy the whole project before they get 25% of the way through.

Sorry (again) but I just don't believe DC will ever catch up to Marvel, not because DC dosen't have the material or the talent, but because WB holds the purse strings and will not allow DC to flourish without reining them in.

UK Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

No need to apologise @ukbobboy 🙂

After all, it is a friendly little discussion. 🙂

I do see where you are coming from in that regard especially the 90's Batman flicks, particularly Batman and Robin with the Bat credit card for example. What were they thinking? 

I haven't seen Green Lantern as after reading the reviews I decided not to waste my time.

With Justice League part 1 out next year, I'm hoping they pull their socks up but with so little time ahead, I doubt it. Miracles have happened though 🙂

Whilst we are on the Marvel subject, have you seen Ghost Rider?

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993

Hi Casey

First, yes you are right I did not need to apologise, as this is a friendly debate, but as I had taken a "hatchet job" to your post and, as you know, some people do react negatively when criticized, you see the debate for what it is, i.e. a honest exchange of views  .

Anyway, yes I have seen both "Ghost Rider" films and felt from the start that "Nicolas Cage" was the wrong actor and too old to be cast as the lead character "Johnny Cage", and both films were just ridiculous because Cage dominated all the scenes he was in with his hammy (over) acting.

However, Ghost Rider was owned by Sony, another film studio that had no idea how to properly use the comic character they owned.  But I just found out a bit of (rumoured) good news, Ghost Rider and Blade (another comic character not owned by Marvel) have been returned to Marvel and are likely to be rebooted in the Marvel's Universe third stage.

So you see, the rubbish Marvel films were not made by Marvel  but film studios who had no idea about the comic characters they had nor how to translate them properly to the big screen.

Thanks to Sony's last three Spider-Man failures (Spider-Man 3 suffered from studio interference, The Amazing Spider-Man and The Amazing Spider-Man 2 were disastrous reboots - they tried to make Peter Parker "cool"), they've taken the hint at last and loaned the Spider-Man character back to Marvel (that's why he is in Captain America 3) but they will still maintain financial control (????).   

Finally, you may not know this but after the last Fantastic Four Turkey, made by Fox, US fans and critics alike have been begging Fox to give FF back to Marvel but it seems that legally the studio has the comic property, and will hold onto it, for another seven years (Shame on Fox).

UK Bob