cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

Captain America 3 - Civil War

Guys (especially Super Hero and Sci-Fi Fans)

There are good vibes coming out of the US about this new Marvel film, some say the best ever Marvel movie made so far (check out Rotten Tomatoes).

Movie clips can be edited to make a film seem better than it really is but the attached clip is just "WOW" (I can't explain it any other way).

All I can say at this stage, as I am current speechless    , is that I'm going to:

a) Book my cinema ticket   Ticket on Google Android 6.0.1asap

b) Order my DVD   DVD on Samsung Galaxy S7 as soon as it's available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwPSuVk4fhw#t=115.285333

UK Bob

Watch the official trailer for Captain America: Civil War, an action movie starring Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr. and Scarlett Johansson. Available now on Disney+. Following the events of Age of Ultron, the collective governments of the world pass an act designed to regulate all superhuman ...
13 REPLIES 13
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

I'm not quite the Marvel fanatic you are @ukbobboy (always preferred the DC clan) but I did think Captain America: Winter Soldier was one of the strongest of the Marvel's (much better than the Avengers 2 mess) so I imagine Cap 3 should be great. Naturally I'd be anti-registration!

ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy

Now Andy, we differ on two fronts:

1) I have always been a Marvel fan, especially since my Dad bought my a black and white Fantastic Four comic back in the 60s.  You see, back then we could only get black and white reprints in the UK and, as far as I was aware, DC did not exist. And besides, Marvel had heroes with real problems and were people you could relate to, e.g. Spider-Man, Daredevil, etc., while DC heroes were all rich (or well off) and really did not have any problems in their civilian life, e.g. Batman, Superman, etc.

2) I'm pro-registration, you cannot have a military or semi-military force setting it's own agenda and rules.  Remember, we tried that in the UK with our police force, there was no oversight and no accountability, right now we are still dealing with and clearing up the physical, mental and political mess that has caused.

So, make mine Marvel          

and

"No" to self-governing (independent) military forces.  

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Its actualy one of the rarer films, UK viewers are going to be able to ruin it for US cinema goers...

Yep its another film that hits UK cinema screens before US...

With Multi screening happening next week... then a full release on 29th  with US not getting the film till  6 May...

O by the way Check your pockets first... Price increases will hit with this movie...

£12.50 per adult... in my Old cinema... even off peak is £10... it was £7 off peak...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm way behin and have only just watched Avengers Assemble and Age Of Ultron.. Totally loved them, brilliant films!

Not sure if there are any other films in the Marvel series that I should watch befor this new one comes out.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Kev

There are a lot of Marvel films out there and some, like the X-Men, are not owned by Marvel but are very good in their own right.

However, for action you want to see Captain America 2 - The Winter Soldier, which is a very good film. 

The current crop of five Spider-Man films are owned by Sony, my personal favourites are Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2.  But of the five films the ones with the most action are Spider-Man 3 and The Amazing Spider-Man 2

To be honest, there are only a few Marvel films (including those made my Sony and Fox) that I do not like, the following two are the worst and should be avoided, i.e. Fantastic Four  (2015) - This film is so bad even the director, Josh Trank, has disowned this TURKEY, Hulk (2003) - Some good actions scenes but the director (Ang Lee) has a "father" fixation which he used to totally destroy the film's narrative. 

Hope you enjoy your viewing of Marvel's super hero films, I certainly have.

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @the-nadger @caseyb1993

Dear Forum Members

My son and a couple are friends are going to see Captain America - Civil War today, I will probably see the film sometime during the week.

Looking forward to it.

UK Bob

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy  Have fun! #TeamCap

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

I will probably get a lot of hate for this or worse, be banned from the site but I haven't seen any Avengers movie or Captain America movie. 

In fact, going off topic a little, the last X-Men movie I saw was probably Last Stand. I didn't think we needed any more of them. I just got bored with them and when I see a trailer for a new one in the cinema... Actually, I won't repeat what I say 😉

Everyone that knows me though knows I'm more of a DC woman than Marvel (that isn't me starting the DC Vs Marvel war by the way 😉 )

Although I saw Spiderman mentioned here and will admit I really liked the Spiderman franchise and will probably get more hate here but.... I liked Iron Man 2 but not the first one and haven't even seen the 3rd one.

There, insult away, I can handle it... 😉

Also, whoever sees C.A 3, enjoy! 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy @toonKev @GraphiteGB @the-nadger @caseyb1993

Andy

My son has seen the film, Captain America 3 - Civil War, an has given it 10 out of 10, a perfect score.

Casey

You like DC , so do I, but I like Marvel more simply because it has taken a very long time for WB to make a good super hero film and even now they still don't have the genre right, in fact WB are still playing "catch up" with Marvel.

Whereas Marvel, when they make their own films, TV shows and comics they are just great and they know how to work the genre, unfortunately WB dosen't know how to consistently make good live  films or TV shows based on comics (Gotham may be the exception to this rule).

I sure you know Spider-Man is owned by Sony, the Fantastic Four, X-Men and Deadpool are owned by Fox and Paramount owns the Hulk.  

Sony made two or three (out of five) good Spider-Man films, while Fox totally destroyed the Fantastic Four, started off with a two great X-Men films then started to run the franchise down (I think because they temporarily lost Bryan Singer) and did a very good Deadpool film.

Paramount did a bad first Hulk film (Ang Lee is totally to blame for that) and the second film, The Incredible Hulk, was very good but not good enough to reignite any enthusiasm for the franchise.

Sorry, I've started to soap-box again.

Finally, make mine Marvel.

UK Bob