cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cant activate sky sports day pass on firestick.

Can someone help please. I have the nowtv app on my firestick but when I try to watch a sky sports channel I get the message saying i need to add a pass to be able to watch. I have bought a pass having followed the relevant steps but when I try to watch on the firestick app it still says I need to purchase a pass. Is there something g I'm doing wrong? Any help is much appreciated. 

16 REPLIES 16
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User start the stream on the app on a mobile device, exit the mobile app and then try again on your firestick.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried that but still get the same. I've tried logging out on the firestick and logging back in, clearing app data and cache but nothing  works. In my active passes I have the day pass and also the monthly subscription for sky sports on the mobile for 5.99 , just can't get the app on firestick to work

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you tried deleting the app and reinstalling it?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User I'll hazard a guess that with an active mobile pass the system is confused with what you're trying to use to watch.

I don't own a firestick but on the firestick NowTV app, can you scroll to the bottom of the screen and see a tile that says 'my account'. If so, click on that and it should list all your passes. Go to the day pass and next to it should be a tile that says 'start watching'. Highlight that and press enter.

Let us know if that activates.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Saint1976  I think the system is confused because it doesn't list my day pass on the firestick app,  but when I login to my account on my mobile phone the day pass is there. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for your help. I think the system had been confused between my mobile pass and day pass because on the firestick app it only had my mobile pass active. After repeatedly removing the app and reinstalling it , the day pass appeared on my firestick 👍

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User what channel are you trying to watch? The mobile pass is only available on 5 channels - Premier League, NFL, Arena, Racing & News.

So try watching one of the other channels (Main Event) on your mobile. If one of the other channels works, then your day pass has activated. Then try that channel again on the firestick.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What happens if you watch Sky Sports Football on your mobile (not Premier League) ?

If the pass works on your smartphone, then try jumping over to the Fire Stick NowTV App.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here. Now tv is rubbish. This happens everything. Another 10 quid down the drain. Thanks now tv you robbing #$%@s