cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cancellations

I recently started a free 7 day movie trial and I tried to cancel it on the last day but I did not let me. Plz help!

9 REPLIES 9
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

This is a user forum, only occasionally do Now TV staff view and comment on it. 

I would recommend using the Live chat about the refund.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

1. NOW TV account & payments

2. NOW TV account & payments

3. Drop down 'How to get in touch'

4. Live Chat

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
ukbobboy
Legend

@gavs82008 

Hi Gavs

See you've got a Help template going, I think it should be permanently pinned in the forum so that total newbies don't have to ask the same question over and over again.

Hope that someone in the @NowTV Team sees your template and make it a permanent fixture.

UK Bob

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy 

Thanks Bob 😊

Although I just noticed my copying and pasting ways has screwed up the steps slightly. Should be 

1. NOW TV account & payments

2. Cancelling or renewing NOW TV Passes

3. Drop down 'How to get in touch'

4. Live Chat

That being said, I think the Live chat should be an option from the start of "Help" section. Then within the chat you have to select the reasons why you are contacting them, that way the adviser has an idea why you are on the chat.

ukbobboy
Legend

@gavs82008 

Hi Gavs

Totally agree with you final paragraph, now it's over to Now TV.

UK Bob

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F 

Just a thought on changes to the "Help" section (my section last post). As the forum gets many users just posting for help unable to find the Live chat and other topics regarding refunds etc,. 

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @gavs82008 

Thanks for getting in touch and giving us your feedback. 

I see what you're saying with having the option for live chat at the top of the page, however, we're trying to encourage customers to self serve as much as possible before needing to get in touch with us. 

There are some queries where customers will need to get in touch with us hence why we have that get in touch flow. 

We're always looking at ways to optimise our help site to make sure customers find what they are looking for efficiently.

Thanks

Karl

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F 

What I seem to find is a lot of users seem to struggle to get through to the Live Chat when they already have done the self serve. 

Or in cases where Live chat is the only option for them. Perhaps having both the self serve sections as well as Live chat could make things a bit easier?

Live chat could still be similar with the self serve, just pointing the adviser in the right direction of what the user wants before the chat begins. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

l can never bloody find live chat and it's not something l can sort myself lve been charged £99 twice....

where the feck is live chat????

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Probably hiding under the table from the hordes of outraged users who would just love to spend £99 with NowTV but are finding themselves ineligible...

But here’s my recipe from more normal times:-

Get in Touch (all the options, and the best place to start):-

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/

On a screen with big buttons all around, you may find the link you need is under a tiny green arrow, so be vigilant.

Live Chat and Send Us a Message:-

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

On Live Chat, when you can get onto it, keep your answers short, sweet and prompt, or it will time out on you.

If the person you are talking to doesn’t seem able to understand your issue, ask to be escalated to the next level of help.

<If you can’t access Live Chat and nothing happens, try a different browser from your usual one (Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari) on which you haven’t disabled pop ups, third party cookies or indeed any cookies, haven’t set an Ad Blocker, and haven’t set Noscript on, or JavaScript off, as any or all of these things may prevent the Live Chat window appearing>

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.