cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you block phone calls on Now?

I'm new to Now TV and have the phone line.  Does anyone know if there's a way to block phone numbers?  I'm having a stream of calls from Sky (apparently!) and when I say to stop phoning me as I'm not with them they put the phone down.  The calls are from an Indian call centre and are starting at the crack of dawn argh!

11 REPLIES 11
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

See if there is anything in this linked guide article helps.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/dealing-with-nuisance-phone-calls 

Having a quick read of the article, NowTV offer an extra service for a £1 a month called "Last Caller Barring" but you can only have 10 telephone numbers blocked at a time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would love it if they could increase the barred numbers as I have received scam calls so much in the last two days (from all different numbers) I would exceed the number allowed.  Obvs not worth £1 per month.  I have saved all the numbers as "scam" on my phone, but if I answer a different phone in the house they don't display.  I have checked all numbers and they apparently come from all over the world but one thing they have in common is that they all hung up when didn't respond to their rubbish about missed calls from my internet provider that I was going to be cut off.  That old chesnut!

SCUM

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

HM

Just tell the scum bags that you don't have Internet, that'll fox them for a few months.

You know what the saddest thing is, it's so easy to scam people that it's now become a multi-national world wide industry.

Something is serious wrong if so many people have abandoned their common sense so that these gutter dwellers can thrive and multiply.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The last number barring should be available to every land line free because as we all know mobiles can and do block irritating fraudulent numbers simply.  The scammers are in deed crafty because Openreach have been working opposite our house yesterday and the scammer who was a black man said our internet was causing a lot of interference on the line! That is a new ploy. Luckily I still have my marbles at 80 so I told him I do not do business on the phone and he must write me a letter if he wants to talk about such technical matters...... The ######.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

As a suggestion you can call the broadband and calls team, to see what can be done (if anything)?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

• Give us a call on 08007591213 to speak directly to a NOW TV advisor.
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Raven
Observer

@Anonymous User 

@schnapps NOWTV sell your number to advertisers  so basically you have no chance

@ukbobboy 

Anita58
Advocate

How can I stop all these selling sky,internet callers

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anita58 

Call the broadband team, using the number on the post directly up from yours 😀

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help