cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can’t get a signal on my tv

Hi everyone,

does anyone know what I need to do to get my tv to pick up the areal signal? It was working fine for 2 months and then suddenly one day it stopped working.

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Have you tried a retune?

Where is your aerial? Roof? Loft? Room?

Individual or communal?

What do you live in? A house? A flat? 

Can you follow the aerial backwards from the TV to the wall socket? Do the plugs on each end of the aerial cable look right? Is it a professionally made cable?

How many aerial sockets have you got? Has anyone disconnected a powered box with aerial cables connected to it because they “couldn’t see what it was for”? If so, put it back. it’s powering a distribution amp for the aerial because there is no power in the loft.

That’s the number two reason for aerials stopping working, just after people pulling the aerial connection apart somewhere.

Other issues can be a roof aerial blowing down, or getting blown out of alignment, mice gnawing the cabling, home-made aerial cables with built-in shorts, and so on.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.