cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Can I watch NOW TV on a Smart TV

@Anonymous User  Where have you seen any publicity which says you can watch Now TV on a JVC smart TV?  The only smart TVs which have a Now TV app are from LG.

Now TV ads which say "Turn your TV into a smart TV" are always referring to the Now TV box, which connects to your TV.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi DarylM

thank you for reply. that was the best information ever, thank you that :D. I had a completly different ideia. I will have this on my mind when I decide want to do.. Only one question. with the Now Tv box I will need the silverlight to watch?

kind regards

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  Everything you need to watch will be with the box.  As long as you have a active account you'll be able to play content on the Now TV app on the box straight away, after connecting to your network and signing in.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: If I cancel all passes

Hi, if I cancel my movie pass and do not opt to buy any new pass is it possible to still  watch anything on the NOW box. Sorry if this is obvious but I have just completed the 14 day trial and considering  options. thanks

0 Thanks
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

All the other apps on the box (such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub etc) will continue to work as normal whether you have a pass or not. It's only the stuff in the NOW TV app that needs a movies/entertainment/sports pass to watch.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the really quick response!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Got to love the fact it is called NOWTV and you can't run it on a tv...

0 Thanks
Legend 5
Legend 5

Erm I watch on my TV via the black box......
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: my smart TV says I have to download Silverlight to watch , but says it's not compatible with my

@Anonymous User wrote:

my smart TV says I have to download Silverlight to watch , but  says it's not compatible with my TV.

It's a Samsung 55 inch UE55ES, it cost a fortune, so I really expect it to do everything!!

Any ideas?

Thanks

i have the same problem did you solve it ???

0 Thanks
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: my smart TV says I have to download Silverlight to watch , but says it's not compatible with my

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately it's not possible to watch NOW TV using a web browser on a smart TV, and currently only certain LG Smart TVs have the NOW TV app built in. Instead you'll need to use the NOW TV app on a connected device such as a NOW TV box or games console. You'll find the full list in the following help article

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices