Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I watch NOW TV on a Smart TV

OK So I cant watch NOW TV on the TV via the Ipad3

Can I watch it via the Windows 7 PC?

If not then thIs system is very limited and not worth the subscription.

I will stick with it till the end of the trial but unless things improve......

Pat@connections-southwest.co.uk

199 REPLIES 199
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I applied for a day pass yesterday as a newcomer first timer to now tv. I didn't realise I could have had a 14 day free trial. Is this the case and shouldn't I have been informed as a new customer?

Also I have my iPhone and iPad with my new app for now to. How do I get my tv to have now tv? Can I add it after I have added my phone and iPad in the same month on a different day?

Ta Stevieboi
Legend 5
Legend 5

hi @Anonymous User the sports pass for a day is a stand alone pass.  You can apply day passes whenever you fancy watching sport.  The 14 days passes are for entertainment and movies.  You have to cancel before the 14 days are up or you get charged every month- of course if you like the content and wish to continue let the subscription continue.   What model of LG do you have?  Do you know how to access the apps or LG smart world to add apps?

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

As rated by Samsung, the most polular app for my SmartTV is Neflix, followed ny BBC iPlayer, followed by Amazon Instant Video.

It's not huge inconivience to use a second remote for Now TV. It is not a huge incovience having to change to HDMI2. And yet I find myself just watching Netflix most of the time so I don't have to juggle with the two remotes. I've used Now TV very little over the last few months largely due to to this. Usually only on Fridays if there is a new good movie on and Netflix the rest of the week. I'm almost considering to cencel it.

I hope Now TV wakes up to what cumstomers want and make SmartTV apps. It's not enough to offer a box that does the job. People want convinience.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

I TOTALLY understand inconvenience thing. 

I tried to get a Now TV movie pass for my parents in their mid 70's. They have so much difficulty with utilizing a secondary input on the TV.

And that is as a result of attempting to circumvent the NOT-up-to-date NowTV app on their Humax YouView box which I purchased for them to try to make everything simple so that they could watch Freeview, Netflix, and/or NowTV, and show recordings. The Now TV on the YouView is too difficult for them to navigate compared ro the Netflix app (subtle, but important differences)  and the YouView NowTV app does not even include a working 'My List' so that I can line up movies for them to watch. It's a disaster. Add to that the fact that Netflix gives you 'sub accounts' so that different members of a household (up to 5)  can have their own preferred programs and saved Shows/films. 

I really want to be to be able to use NowTV, but it is let down by apps not being available on some TVs and apps not being updated to use the features that should be there. Sometimes interfaces should have settings to make life easier for the elderly -but that's a whole other can of worms.

adding further insult to injury, I'm finding a 4 device limitation for 2 simultaneous streams to be woefully insuffiicient and is making life in a VERY small family household a complete nightmare to administer. Just having a mobile device and a Chromecast takes 2 device slots. I can't even take my iPad and view a movie on a firiend's tv via a Chromecast, because it's considered an additional device. It's madness. No such issues with Netflix.

As as you can tell, I'm kind of not happy being treated like I can't be trusted. Netflix does not have a device limit. -and if it does have one, I have certainly never butted heads with it and I have at least 8 devices I have to juggle around. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, sorry if this is covered, i just got a half price subscription, i wanted to watch movies on my smart tv, looks like this is not possible , can i watch froma tablet and cast on to my tv, if not then dont see the point of it

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

You'll find a full list of supported devices you can use here

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

Casting to a Chromecast from iOS/Android is supported, but proprietary casting/screen mirroring probably won't work.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has now tv improved this service? Can it be accessed on a smart tv?
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Has now tv improved this service? Can it be accessed on a smart tv?

Hi @Anonymous User,

It depends on the make and model of your television. In the last few months some models of Samsung are now capable of supporting the NOW TV app. For more information look here: Watch NOW TV on select Samsung TVs

Anonymous User
Not applicable

A pity that isnt made clear in your advertising. I have fibre bb and the only thing i can watch nowtv on is a 10" tablet. Panasonic tv.. stutters on 15" laptop..
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum ,

Perhaps the following 'Help Centre' article may be of use to you: What devices can I use to watch NOW TV?

If you are interested, Argos are currently offering the following NOW TV 'bundle' deals: -

NOW TV 'black' box with 3 month 'Entertainment' pass @ £14.99

NOW TV 'black' box with 2 month 'Cinema' pass @ £14.99

Cheers