Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I watch NOW TV on a Smart TV

OK So I cant watch NOW TV on the TV via the Ipad3

Can I watch it via the Windows 7 PC?

If not then thIs system is very limited and not worth the subscription.

I will stick with it till the end of the trial but unless things improve......

Pat@connections-southwest.co.uk

199 REPLIES 199
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I'm new to using Now TV and I read some posts in 2012 that Now TV is not available for Smart TVs. is this still the case? I have a Sony Smart TV and i connected Now TV box in the HDMI port. I have tried several occasions, i can see the NowTV menus, etc. but when I try to play any show or movie, it says network or connection error (something like that). There has only been 1 occasion on a Saturday that I was able to play Live TV (Comedy Central) and never again. I tried restarting the box, and also logging off and back on but no avail.

I am able to play NowTV on my macbook and iPhone.

Help!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the issue with Samsung TVs is not having a dedicate app on them. As you have a NOW TV box you should be fine. If you are getting connection errors, I'd suggest moving your box away from other electrical items and ensuring it's not tucked behind the TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @Anonymous User my box is in front of my tv though and beside my router. But i'll try moving it see if that works! Thanks!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am using samsung galaxy s3. I keep getting a notice that says unable to connect to your device yet.....I also have lg 3d smart tv but have no problems running it through that? Help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

What exactly does it say? Can you take a screenshot and attach it to your next reply?

Birgit

NOW TV team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

why send me a email making out i can watch the entertainment pass pay for it then i have to spend ages searching the net to see why i i cant find it on my tv now im seeing it is not compatible with smart tv/internet tvs so there for i feel robed nothing but a scam in my eyes should of stated in the email not for tv 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for getting in touch, very sorry to hear you've not been able to watch on your smart TV. I'm sorry if you weren't aware of NOW TV not being available on any smart TVs except for LG. We don't say to customers that it's available on Samsung or other TVs. You can still view on other supported devices

Sorry for any confusion caused.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a JVC smart tv and I have only now the movies of now tv and I can´t watch Now TV because and dont have the app and silverlight. can someone explain me why the publicity say that we can watch on tv when its not true

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  Where have you seen any publicity which says you can watch Now TV on a JVC smart TV?  The only smart TVs which have a Now TV app are from LG.

Now TV ads which say "Turn your TV into a smart TV" are always referring to the Now TV box, which connects to your TV.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi DarylM

thank you for reply. that was the best information ever, thank you that :D. I had a completly different ideia. I will have this on my mind when I decide want to do.. Only one question. with the Now Tv box I will need the silverlight to watch?

kind regards