Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I watch NOW TV on a Smart TV

OK So I cant watch NOW TV on the TV via the Ipad3

Can I watch it via the Windows 7 PC?

If not then thIs system is very limited and not worth the subscription.

I will stick with it till the end of the trial but unless things improve......

Pat@connections-southwest.co.uk

199 REPLIES 199
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I joined nowtv on my laptop, and subsequently find that I cannot login via my new Sony Bravia.

While "Join now" button works, the "sign in" button does not respond...so I cannot watch movies on my tv? Only my laptop?

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Strax,

Currently we do not support the Sony Bravia range of Smart TV's

To see a list of supported devices please click here.

Ideally we'd like all out users to be able to view on their devices a step toward this would be to make your opinions heard over on our ideas board.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hey on the Sony Bravia there are apps on the smart tv part. There is a app for lovefilm and Netflix, cant they add one for now tv. There is also a app for sky news on there.
Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Anton65432,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. At this moment in time NOW TV is currently not Supported on Smart TVs such as the Sony Bravia. However if you would love to see it as part of our supported devices line up, please do add it to our ideas board, here.

We are always looking for ways to improve on the service we provide and your feedback is much appreciated.

Regards,

Munira

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Just saw this article which doesn't seem to match your reply?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/10202061/NOW-TV-available-exclusively-on-LGs-Smart-TV.htm...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry to resurrect an entombed thread but come on guys, are you not tired of having to reply with this boiler plate response by now. This thread is YEARS old with people asking for device support and you all saying you are constantly looking for additional devices to add the service to but then LITERALLY years later still not having made a sniff of progress. Just have the gahonas to say it if it's not going to happen, for whatever reasons, rather than continue lying to your customers.

Case in point, airplay, first requested years ago, literally that is, years ago. Told to request the service through the help pages as you're ALWAYS looking to add new ways of providing the service.........Still not available.

PS I don't expect you'll answer this unless it's with the same boiler plate response.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the beta app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bskyb.nowtv.beta runs on pretty much any device with 4.0 firmware. Which is a lot more than when this post first started.

**edit** despite the list if mobiles above I notice this is actually about TVs. So you are right, pretty much nothing new.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Anonymous User Yeah, my frustration is mainly about the lack of ability to watch it on TV. I can get it on my iPads, MacBooks etc but have to buy the now TV box to watch it on a bigger screen. Maybe they should rename their service 'now iPad' or 'now PC' or similar. They claim to be wanting to extend the service to as many options as possible but in the years this thread has been running haven't managed to remove the block on airplay streaming that they actively coded into the app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Connecting an iPad via a cable to the TV is blocked as per the NOW TV agreement with the content providers. The reason for this is to prevent you from being able to record the content being viewed via the service.

Connecting a MacBook could well work, as I know you can do this on a windows based laptop.

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hopefully Now TV apps will be on more Smart TVs once the exclusive deal with LG runs out at the end of August.

I also look forward to Youview supporting unicast so the Entertainment Pass can run on there.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.