Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I watch NOW TV on a Smart TV

OK So I cant watch NOW TV on the TV via the Ipad3

Can I watch it via the Windows 7 PC?

If not then thIs system is very limited and not worth the subscription.

I will stick with it till the end of the trial but unless things improve......

Pat@connections-southwest.co.uk

199 REPLIES 199
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Raymonbarnfield

Thanks for getting in touch with your query.

You may be able to watch NOW TV on your TV if you plug your compatible device into the TV. It depends on what device you are using to connect it to your TV.

At the moment if you are using an iPad, iPhone or MAC you won't be able to do this.

To find out how to connect your device to your TV I would suggest searching the internet with your TV make and model to find out what cable you will need to do this. Other users have found success in using a HDMI cable.

If it is a Smart TV that you are trying to stream through with no device connected I'm afraid it will not work as we are currently not compatible with Smart TV's.

But good news! You can of course suggest any ideas you have to improve our service by posting them in the My Ideas section on our community page.

Hope this helps

All the best

Shannon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem.  I can watch Now Tv on my iPad but the minute I try to connect it to my tv I get the following message

"Sorry! Playback is not allowed on the external display" 

why is this and what are you doing to resolve the issue?

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

I'm having the same problem.  I can watch Now Tv on my iPad but the minute I try to connect it to my tv I get the following message

"Sorry! Playback is not allowed on the external display" 

why is this and what are you doing to resolve the issue?

Hi @Anonymous User This isn't actually an error. It due to the way our license with our providers works. There is no way around this unfortunately unless you want to use another device that is supposed to connect to the TV

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks. I'm in Portugal at the moment. I am able to watch now tv on my iPad. If I was to have my now tv box sent here would it work on the tv?
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
Thanks. I'm in Portugal at the moment. I am able to watch now tv on my iPad. If I was to have my now tv box sent here would it work on the tv?

Yeah it should work for up to 30 days abroad @Anonymous User 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Tony. I'll arrange to ship my box to Portugal and try it out. I have a sports pass I want to activate to watch the Ryder Cup next week. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hope you will be able to watch now TV on your Apple TV at some point??
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Addrianocalunnia

Thanks for getting in touch with NOW TV regarding your air play issue.

Unfortunately, we do not currently support Smart TV or Apple TVs, We are constantly evolving  and making positive  improvements to the service  so we might add this option in the near future.

Places keep an eye out on the community section on the NOW TV site for all the latest news and updates.

Hope this helps

Igor

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
How do I connect and receive through my tv
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi gerrard1957

Currently you can access NOW TV through Xbox 360, YouView, or by connecting your laptop to the TV with the right cable. We will also be available on the PS3 in the near future. All these devices will give you NOW TV on your TV.

Best wishes

Beth

NOW TV Team