Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caseyb1993 Champion 1
Champion 1

Re: Calling all Gotham fans!

@robert1997  So two paywalls basically just to watch it. 😢😢

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Thom77
Scholar 5

@robert1997 wrote:

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2019/07/10/starzplay-picks-up-epix-batman-related-pennyworth-series-for-t...

Pennyworth not coming to NowTV guys.

@robert1997 @caseyb1993 

Yes, saw that story as well, a rather disappointing destination for it to land on...... oh well, maybe in a few years the DVD (if they do one??) will end up in the HMV sale and I'll give it a try???

My desire to give Amazon Prime Video a try is not that great, so another cost add-on for Starzplay and the double-cost is not going to happen..... don't care how good the show might or might not be, I'll wait for that bargain DVD!!!

robert1997
Scholar 3

@Thom77  @caseyb1993 

Currently I have Prime Video (£5.99) but am more likely to cancel it through to lack of quality tv shows I wish to view and the fact I wouldn't be prepared to pay even more to add Starzplay to it. Very unfortunate that Sky haven't managed to acquire Pennyworth.

Thom77
Scholar 5

@robert1997 

After a long long time thinking about doing it, I recently cancelled my BT TV and Sport freeing up some televisual budget to try something a bit different, but Prime Video isn't really in my mind, like You, I don't think there would be enough on there to watch....... I think I'll give Netflix a go.  Oh and I might even give Sport more of a go on Now TV if they ever do improve that picture quality and frame rate......... we can but dream!!!!!

Was Starzplay ever included with Amazon Prime as a no-cost add-on????  I thought some time ago that I read a magazine piece rounding-up all the streaming services and it mentioned Starzplay access with Prime, but never mentioned it as an extra cost....... was it free for a while to build up interest and then became a cost extra or maybe it's always been an extra cost and I just read that article wrong????????  Well, they've got their mitts on Pennyworth, I had hoped E4 might have got it.

0 Thanks
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@robert1997 @Thom77 @caseyb1993 if it’s not Sean Pertwee then it’s not Alfred Pennyworth! 🧐

4BBCC8D5-6871-4282-9FE1-FC76D6901C67.gif

Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@Thom77 StarzPlay is an add-on channel, so pay for Prime (or Prime Video) and then pay for the channel sub on top. There’s a short free trial, or longer free trials / discounts around Black Friday/Prime Day time, but basically cough-up! 👍💰

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201975120

caseyb1993 Champion 1
Champion 1

@Andy @Thom77 

I'm sure Starzplay have a 50% off offer for 3 months. (Still need Prime though.)

I usually get Prime around about Christmas time for last minute presents (I'm so unorganised 😂) so if I have nothing to watch I may try Starzplay to give Pennyworth a go, if it is out then. (Almost typed out Pennywise for a second then! 😂)

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Thom77
Scholar 5

@caseyb1993 wrote:

@Andy @Thom77 

I'm sure Starzplay have a 50% off offer for 3 months. (Still need Prime though.)

I usually get Prime around about Christmas time for last minute presents (I'm so unorganised 😂) so if I have nothing to watch I may try Starzplay to give Pennyworth a go, if it is out then. (Almost typed out Pennywise for a second then! 😂)

@caseyb1993 @Andy 

I see from the Amazon website, that until 16th July, there is an offer to get the yearly Prime membership for £59 rather than the usual £79......... this was the sort of offer (that they do fairly rarely) that would maybe tempt me,  BUT, I'm not really feeling it just now, just don't think there's enough to watch that would interest me!!!!!