cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

Cabin Fever

Hi Forum Members

Cabin fever, Corona and the Internet are causing me to impulse buy, buying without any research, any real rhyme or reason, just a tingling in the back of (what passes for) my brain.

By the time this is all over I'm more than likely will be bankrupt, still jamming to some "feel good" sounds and so that makes it's OK, for now.

Rambling Bob

25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

A bit like yourself with the music thing, I'm not really a 'fan' of anything or anyone in particular, I like what I like and listen to that.

I do most music with YouTube videos and listen to some things for a while, then get bored and find other songs...... currently watching videos as varied as Dave Clark Five, Lady Gaga, Sigrid, Slipknot,etc, etc, you can't help what you like!!!!!

I have however got back in to vinyl in the last two or three years and if I'm a bit more interested in something beyond a YouTube video, I'll get it on vinyl.........currently waiting on the Amazon guy to deliver the latest Gerry Cinnamon vinyl album.

You certainly didn't give Batwoman long to settle??  Maybe you'll give it another try soon?????

Do you not watch Chicago Med along with your PD and Fire????

Until next time.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy "However, I then went on to watch Gangs of London, which I found gritty, brutal, extra violent, take no prisoners, no mercy asked for and none given.  After I got over my initial shock, I went on to watch 2.5 episodes, which I will continue with later on."

Sounds like my kind of show! Did Game of Thrones shock you like that when you first watched it? I finally finished that! 

"Moving on, I tried watching Batwoman last night, at about 10.00pm, and I got about a third of the way through and stopped, I just could not watch anymore (not sure why). "

Really? I was pretty much "this is actually pretty good" within the first 5 minutes. I could up on it all last night ready for the next episode. 

Yes, Lady Gaga is like marmite. You either love her or hate her. My cousin is a huge fan but I only really like the odd song. I'm really into Ava Max at the minute, who does sound a little similar.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993  @Thom77 

Hi again Guys

Just had my brunch (breakfast lunch combo).

Thom

I agree, when it comes to music you can't help what you like. And as for vinyl, I really long for the day I can get back into it, like it was back in the day when I started to put a hi-fi system together.  However, I do realise that there is no-way I could ever go back and do those rituals and practices you have to partake in to protect your precious vinyls.

Anyway, I find the modern digital albums I buy from Amazon are very detailed and smooth, and the more I improve my music playing system the more musical details, especially the subtle ones, are revealed. So for me, vinyl will remain a longing and distant memory.

Thom & Casey

The reason I couldn't get into Batwoman last night was because, I think, it's an early evening show, rather than a late night one.  So I think I'll start watching it early, around 4 or 5pm, and complete all outstanding episodes, I hope, by 9.00pm.

Thom

You asked, "Do you not watch Chicago Med along with your PD and Fire?"   

No I didn't, whereas I like the Chicago crossovers that include Chicago Med, I do not like Chicago Med on it's own. I have tried watching it as a standalone but I found I just didn't like it.  

Casey

You also asked, "Did Game of Thrones shock you like that when you first watched it?"

No it did not, you see, dragons, undead warriors and stuff like that does not exist but they make great story telling devices, e.g. man (and woman) being triumphant against overwhelming odds. And that is pure rip-roaring and exciting fantasy.

However, shows like Gangs of London demonstrates man's inhumanity to man, and although everything about it is exaggerated, a lot of it is still very much within the realms of possibility.  Or worse still, actually happening within a war zone somewhere in the world.

Nevertheless, I will continue to watch Gangs... later on tonight, probably after watching  Batwoman.

Well guys, that was an enjoyable discourse.

Until later.

Rambling Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy  I would say Game of Thrones also demonstrates Inhumanity towards man even though it is a fantasy drama but I get what you mean. 

@Andy will back me up there. 😂

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @caseyb1993 

Thom

You know you can join in any time.

Thom & Casey

I just bounced over from YouTube and found that those reviewers who have seen the first three episodes of Stargirl really liked it. I'm now just as eager now to see Stargirl as I am to see Harley Quinn.

Still haven't seen Batwoman yet but gonna make a special effort to see it tonight, before I do my Now TV sesh of Chicago PD, Chicago Fire and maybe one or two episodes of Gangs Of London.

You know guys, I'm a bit peed off I can't add any of the new shows to my watch list.

Listening to some Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal.

Later

Rambling Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy 

Why can't you add them? List too full? 

Listening to Lady Gaga - Stupid Love 😂

Anything I think I'm gonna go out for a walk (just me) as the same four walls on a lovely sunny day are driving me bananas 🍌🍌🍌 😂. At least a walk is thankfully allowed.

Take care all ☺