cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

CW Four-way Crossover

Dear Forum Members

I am sad, yes sad, because my favourite shows have either ended or coming to the end of their current run and I've got nothing to look forward to until September/October.

However, I am looking forward to CW's promised four-way, four-day (Supergirl/Flash/Arrow/Legends of Tomorrow) crossover.

I am also looking forward to Netflix Luke Cage (aka Hero for Hire) in late September.

And next year, when SyFy releases Krypton, I sincerely hope they can convey the constant turmoil the planet was in, because of the various and continuous wars, and show the differences, both physical and psychological, between Humans and Kryptonians.

UK Bob

63 REPLIES 63
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy Yeah, that is more fitting. 😉

I wonder who comes up with these baddies? 😮

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993

Well, you know that most of our super heroes, like Batman and Superman, started their fictional careers in the late 1930s, coming up to 90 years now.  And as such, the CW team have a rich and varied collection of heroes and villains to choose from. Plus, I wholeheartedly believe that any modern TV or film writer/production team that ignores that rich comic book history are doomed to fail. So, to my simple mind, it makes perfect sense to choose an existing comic book villain rather than try to create a new one from scratch.

Besides, CW has shown that when they borrow characters from the comic book world, and update rather than recreate them, they come up with a winning formula.

To end on a more personal note, I am fed up with film companies buying up and effectively burying comic book characters that they having absolutely no idea what to do with, and when they do something they turn out a turkey like The Fantastic Four (2015) or nonsense like Ang Lee's personal pet version of Hulk (2003).

Sorry, I got a wee bit too serious.

UK Bob

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

The late thirties is more like 80 years ago 😉

ukbobboy
Legend

@SeeMoreDigital

Hi SMD

Yeah, you got me, I miscounted by adding an extra decade Smiley Sad

Still, whether 80 or 90 year there's a rich legacy of material for current TV and film production teams to use when producing super hero shows.

UK Bob