cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

CW Four-way Crossover

Dear Forum Members

I am sad, yes sad, because my favourite shows have either ended or coming to the end of their current run and I've got nothing to look forward to until September/October.

However, I am looking forward to CW's promised four-way, four-day (Supergirl/Flash/Arrow/Legends of Tomorrow) crossover.

I am also looking forward to Netflix Luke Cage (aka Hero for Hire) in late September.

And next year, when SyFy releases Krypton, I sincerely hope they can convey the constant turmoil the planet was in, because of the various and continuous wars, and show the differences, both physical and psychological, between Humans and Kryptonians.

UK Bob

63 REPLIES 63
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

I'm still watching them all... But I think each series (especially Flash) has gone a bit daft now Smiley Surprised

In what way @SeeMoreDigital? 🙂

I'm still finding it a bit confusing but am still enjoying it. Cat Very Happy

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

caseyb1993 wrote:In what way @SeeMoreDigital? 🙂

I'm still finding it a bit confusing but am still enjoying it. Cat Very Happy

With regards to Flash, it's the whole 'alternate timeline' thing. As soon as TV series introduces this concept it's a sure sign they've run out of ideas and the show is on the way out!

Obviously it's a different scenario for 'legends' because that's the entire concept of the show... 

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SeeMoreDigital I couldn't get into "Legends". I just found it really stupid. I gave up after 4 or 5 episodes. 

I do agree about the timeline thing though in most cases. That's why I've dropped "Doctor Who". 😄

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 wrote:

I do agree about the timeline thing though in most cases. That's why I've dropped "Doctor Who". 😄

Doctor Who... I suppose there'll be a Christmas special 😉

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

@caseyb1993 wrote:

Doctor Who... I suppose there'll be a Christmas special 😉

@SeeMoreDigital indeed, there will be. I'll give you three guesses what day it's on Smiley Wink

With regard to the DC TV shows time travel has always played a significant part in the DC universe. Superman and Supergirl are also capable of going back in time/changing history. Superman did it to save Lois Lane, one of the Superman movies. I think it might have been the first one but I'm not sure. Am I right? @caseyb1993 @Andy

Time travel/Time manipulation is one of the Flash's major powers and as such, like it or not, is part of the show. Just like it is on Legends. Although I grant you the use of that power gets him in trouble More often than it helps them at least the show doesn't bombard you with time travel anywhere near as much as  Doctor Who and it doesn't overcomplicate time travel either.

Time travel/Time manipulation has also played its part in various  TV shows including Stargate SG one  (which ran for a very long time) time travel/Time manipulation was also introduced in one of the movie spin-offs from Stargate SG one. Stargate continuum I believe it's called. One of the best examples of it being used in movies is Star Trek first contact.

Just because time travel/Time manipulation is introduced that does not mean that something is on its last legs. In fact as I understand it the case of the Flash because of the direction they are taking with the show they are getting closer and closer to the comics in many respects

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

With regard to 'time travel' it really depends how much it's used in any given TV show. Which was very infrequently in the shows you mentioned.

The latest series of Flash is entirely set in an alternate time-line. And now has believe that his old mate Arrow along with his adventures is also within this time-line... Which it should not be!

It's pants Smiley Mad

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 Yeah, I think it was Superman 1. 🙂

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 wrote:

@commanda6 Yeah, I think it was Superman 1. 🙂

Oh yes. It was most definitely Superman 1.

And for anyone who's ever watched the 1980 version of Superman 2 (which was directed by Richard Lester), I highly recommend that you watch the Richard Donner version, which was released in 2006. It makes more sense and is far less camp 😉

ukbobboy
Legend

@SeeMoreDigital @caseyb1993 @commanda6

Hi SMD,  Casey & C6

Guys, as you can imagine, I stand shoulder to shoulder with C6 on everything he has written in his post to SMD, I have a tendency to prefer time-travel films and TV shows overall to anything else, especially when they reveal unexpected consequences, whether good or bad (bad is more exciting).  And I also like the "words of wisdom" time-travel shows tend to sprinkle in from time to time (no pun intended), i.e. in the Flash , Earth 3 Flash said "You can't unbreak a broken cup". 

One film in particularly I liked, although not well received, was "12 Monkeys". (@Andy should get a blast out of that Smiley Very Happy) It primarily dealt with how certain event in time are fixed and unchangeable and no matter what is tried that event will occur, only the circumstances around the event may change. 

Anyway, I particularly liked C6's second paragraph about the Flash, i.e. his powers often getting him into trouble, which was my point when I said, in an earlier debate with C6 (entitled "Is The Flash Now a Hero or Villain?http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Forum-Info-Off-Topic-Chat/Is-The-Flash-Now-a-Hero-or-Villain/m-p/40867...) that Flash should be locked up.

However, I believe at some point in the future, thanks to that interdimensional-time portal the Flash uses, Barry Allen does get locked up.

And finally, C6 and I have disagreed on minutiae in the past but overall I think that we both  Purple Heart.jpgsci-fi shows, especially when time-travel is involved.

UK Bob

mark_suff
Expert

@ukbobboy @SeeMoreDigital @caseyb1993 @commanda6 @Anonymous User

Been rather quiet on here lately, but did enjoy the crossover was good to see everyone together, I actually watched them all last fri night on catch up. Was it me or did The Flash seem to mostly ignore the alien invasion thing this week, barely a mention of it? it was mentioned/referenced a few times on Arrow, very odd. Anyway shows are on break now until late Jan (last legends before break tonight) and just found this new promo for the return after break of Supergirl, episode is directed by Kevin Smith so should be a good one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O91JzoGp73M

Before I go and in case I forget Merry Christmas to all.

Mark. 

P.S. Any guesses as to where Supergirl actually is planet wise??