Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bt now tv help reqiired

Hi, i have now tv , but am with BT

However now tv is a package in BT.

Question do i cancel Now TV and not for BT package that includes now tv or do i keep now tv and opt for BT package without now tv ?

I don't know the pros and cons 

Help appreciated

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The question you need to ask yourself, do you want to record the live NowTV channels via your BT Youview main TV Guide and pay your bills in one place to BT TV.

Or save yourself some money and utilize NowTV vouchers, NowTV promotions by third parties, NowTV rentention deals, NowTV offers that appears on their website etc but lose the NowTV live channel recordings.

I know which would be my choice.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you, hopefully  i eill be in agreement with you and use the vouchers when needed 

Thank you 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Maybe there is other advantages of using NowTV via BT TV, but not being a BT TV customer with the NowTV bolt on packages i am not aware of them and being unfair.

Perhaps a BT TV customer can provide some more advantages by going down the BT TV route.

Though the live NowTV channel recordings would be useful for me, where i like watching New Zealand Super Rugby on the Weekends and the time that they are shown live is too early for me in the morning (OK with the Saturday match at about 7.30 am, but Sunday at 4.00 am i have no chance).

Tried to drag myself out of bed at 4.00 am and failed miserably and had to watch the game on a repeat airing which is not the same.

Hooba
Scholar 3

If, like me, you want access to all the Now entertainment, cinema, sports channels, plus Boost, plus BT Sport, it starts to make a bit more sense to go through BT for a flat £60 a month. I think the equivalent if going through NowTV and BT direct is about £80 without discounts. I think with discounts I'd be paying about £55 or thereabouts.

So for my extra £5 I get:

- No hassle tracking down passes

- Ability to record, only really use that for Sport, but still handy

- A one box solution

- Not having to use the NowTV stick, which used to drive me mad with 5.1 sound often going missing

- Greater reliability as BT deliver the live Now Channels through multi-cast

- Someone on the end of a phone if something goes wrong

- One less remote control

I also prefer over Sky, as the BT contract allows me to flex my package to as little as a tenner a month.

So it works well for me. It's horses for courses though really. But its good that the choice is there.