cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broken landline

My telephone (landline) began developing a fault, such as failure to complete call, or sometimes not making contact. We, my son in law Jason, and I did some trouble shooting and finally an error message appeared on my phone 'Line fault. Fix and continue' 

We couldn't isolate any fault inside the property so am assuming it lies outside. If this is the case who can I turn to to for help and information? BT is my line provider, through NOW, can you help me make contact with BT for assistance.

Many thanks in advance,

Francis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Give the NowTV Broadband Team a call by using the telephone number on this link page below.

Your ISP will do the necessary communication with BT Openreach if there is a fault on the telephone line.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am asking for help in contacting BT, my service provider through NOW.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User   @schnapps 

Hi Francis

There seems to be some confusion here, either Now TV is your ISP or BT is, in either case the lines to and from your home are looked after by OpenReach and you can only contact them via your ISP, not directly.

So, as Schnapps posted, you have to contact Now TV BB on the following number, if they supplied your phone: 

0800 759 1213

Remember, as a customer, you cannot directly contact OpenReach, your communication has to go through your ISP, i.e. your phone and Internet provider.

Please write back if your "phone" arrangements are somewhat different from most.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Bob for the answer. Unfortunately they don't seem to be taking calls until tomorrow. At least I tried and will do again tomorrow during daylight.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

My understanding is that the NowTV Broadband Team helpline is open between 9am to either 7pm or 8pm from the NowTV Tweets that i have read from them over on the NowTV Twitter feed.

Maybe give them a call after 9pm in the morning.

Hope you get it resolved.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to let everyone know the broken landline was fixed this morning by BT and all is well!

Thanks to those showed an interest.

Best wishes to all,

Francis

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem. Unfortunately the phone number given is a pre-recorded message which asks for the phone number and if someone is by the phone, but the phone isn't working!! I'm having to ring from elsewhere.  The pre-recorded voice tells me I have to be by the phone and hangs up. How do I communicate when my landline phone is not working and we live in a mobile blackspot ?

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Anonymous User Sorry to see this, there is a web form option here.

Alternatively try  Screenshot 2022-03-24 at 15.34.18.png

Stupidly, we are not allowed to post the email address as such. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)" /><!--<br>/* Font Definitions */<br>@font-face<br> {font-family:"Cambria Math";<br> panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}<br>@font-face<br> {font-family:Calibri;<br> panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}<br>/* Style Definitions */<br>p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal<br> {margin:0cm;<br> font-size:11.0pt;<br> font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}<br>a:link, span.MsoHyperlink<br> {mso-style-priority:99;<br> color:blue;<br> text-decoration:underline;}<br>.MsoChpDefault<br> {mso-style-type:export-only;}<br>@page WordSection1<br> {size:612.0pt 792.0pt;<br> margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}<br>div.WordSection1<br> {page:WordSection1;}<br><br>
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Francis

Question Emoji.jpg

UK Bob