cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadbands speeds on devices

Hey! So we have multiple devices connected to the NowTV broadband hub. When I go to speedtest.net I am finding some are getting 71Mbps and others (who are sitting Next to one another) are getting >1Mbps and there is noticeable slow speed Trying to load web pages. What can I do to change this? I am on the super fast broadband. Any help will do as there are 4 people who are being affected 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Can't help much, apart from have you tried splitting the NowTV Hub 2 wifi networks and try the devices that are not running well over both 2.4ghz and 5ghz to see if there is any noticeable difference.

Also try this test with only one device switched on and running over the internet and ask the other three people in the home to temporary log off the internet.

Apart from that get in touch with the NowTV Broadband Team.

Here's the instructions how to split the wifi bands on a NowTV 2 Hub Router (don't know if there will be any improvement, but worth a try before getting in touch with NowTV).

Your Hub Two is dual-band (2.4GHz and 5 GHz). Splitting these bands to create 2 different Wi-Fi networks can help to improve the speed to your devices. Here’s how to do it:

1. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  2. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  3. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  4. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  5. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  6. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  7. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  8. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Can't help much, apart from have you tried splitting the NowTV Hub 2 wifi networks and try the devices that are not running well over both 2.4ghz and 5ghz to see if there is any noticeable difference.

Also try this test with only one device switched on and running over the internet and ask the other three people in the home to temporary log off the internet.

Apart from that get in touch with the NowTV Broadband Team.

Here's the instructions how to split the wifi bands on a NowTV 2 Hub Router (don't know if there will be any improvement, but worth a try before getting in touch with NowTV).

Your Hub Two is dual-band (2.4GHz and 5 GHz). Splitting these bands to create 2 different Wi-Fi networks can help to improve the speed to your devices. Here’s how to do it:

1. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  2. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  3. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  4. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  5. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  6. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  7. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  8. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey!

thank you very much! I’ll give it a go tomorrow, and get in touch with the broadband team of that doesn’t work! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am assuming you have the phone number for the NowTV Broadband Team ?

It should be under a couple of places under your NowTV Broadband account.

If not use the telephone number in this link page below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps,

Trying to split my networks to allow smart bulbs to connect. 

I've been trying to follow the below instructions but when it comes to logging in it isn't accepting "admin" and "nowtv" nor my own logins. Is there a way of solving this or do I need to speak to Now Tv directly? 

Thanks! 

Ant 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

the login details should be found In your user manual in the WiFi box that your router came in. 
the above options worked for me perfectly! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

See if holding in the reset button on the back of the NowTV Hub Router for about 10 seconds helps with logging into the Hub 2 webpage settings when prompted to enter the username and password which is admin / nowtv (all lower case).

Holding in the reset button for around 10 seconds should default your Hub Router back to it's default shipment settings.

Also i am assuming you are using the NowTV Hub 2 where the Hub 1 was only 2.4ghz from my understanding.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps @ Much appreciated!