cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband hub - should I turn it off?

We have a new NOW TV Hub tw0. It gets really HOT and I'm wondering if I should turn it off when I go to bed, then back on in the morning? It seems to be working fine, it's just the heat that worries me. On our previous broadband equipment, it didn't get hot and I left it on 24/7. I use this wireless, so it's not physically connected to my PC.

Thanks for any advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The NowTV Hub 2 does run quite warm, which is not uncommon for modern day electronics, where i have more electronic equipment in my home that runs much hotter than my NowTV Hub 2 Router.

It is your choice if you wish to switch the Router off each night, but i leave my NowTV Hub Router left switched on over night and has been permanently left on for the 3 years since i have joined NowTV Broadband to avoid slow reboots each morning and is available for any overnight firmware updates.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@Anonymous User   They do tend to run a bit warm. You could do that, but there’s a very slight possibility that rebooting it frequently might upset DLM (a system that determines line speed based on line stability, which might misinterpret what’s happening as a fault and reduce the line speed). I used a bit of Lego to build a small platform for it to stand on, raising it up an inch or so to allow airflow underneath the unit. Worked a treat, still gets a tiny bit warm but not as hot as when it’s placed directly onto a shelf.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The NowTV Hub 2 does run quite warm, which is not uncommon for modern day electronics, where i have more electronic equipment in my home that runs much hotter than my NowTV Hub 2 Router.

It is your choice if you wish to switch the Router off each night, but i leave my NowTV Hub Router left switched on over night and has been permanently left on for the 3 years since i have joined NowTV Broadband to avoid slow reboots each morning and is available for any overnight firmware updates.