cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband buddy

Ive changed broadband buddy to adult content it was working lastnight but stopped working morning so i could not do anything under 18 

8 REPLIES 8
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have a nosy at this link, there is a section for troubleshooting. Hopefully it be of help.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/set-up-and-manage-broadband-buddy

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do you change the time you want to look at 18 content on broadband buddy.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

That link I posted should give you the information required to turn off the broadband buddy or to switch it to 18. 

To switch off Broadband Buddy:

Step 1:

Go to your Broadband Buddy settings (if you see the sign in page, enter either your username or email address, and your password).

Step 2:

Select Turn OFF.

If any sites are still appearing as blocked after switching Broadband Buddy off, please allow 15 minutes for the changes to take effect.

You can switch off Broadband Buddy at any time.

However, we recommend that you keep it switched on with the 18 age rating selected instead. This means that your devices will still be protected from phishing sites, and no categories will be blocked.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Done that how do set browsing time on broadband buddy

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Not a customer for broadband with NOW so unfortunately I can’t be much more help than providing the links with information.

@schnapps  are you able to provide any information which might help?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @gavs82008 @Anonymous User 

Never really looked into it to be honest, but my understanding the Broadband Buddy feature doesn't offer customers to set browsing time schedules 😠.

All Broadband Buddy does is set an age rating on what can be viewed or not, plus you can add websites that can be blocked.

I don't think you can set up a schedule either under the webpage setting on the NOW Hub Router itself (again something i haven't really looked into because it's something that i personally don't need myself with no kids in the house).

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

There is a FAQ under "How do i set different settings for different times of the day" for grown ups time browsing on the NOW help guide below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/set-up-and-manage-broadband-buddy 

Though i am not sure this is what you are after or you need better control of browsing time or blocking kids using the internet at certain times of the day which i don't think is possible with NOW using their Hub Router.

Maybe send them an email using the email address on the screen shot below.

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Just noticed this other thread on the Community Forum and not sure if the last post on the linked thread below is what you are after or not ?

Like i said i haven't really looked into time scheduling or blocking devices with my NOW Broadband service because it is something that doesn't have any bearing for me with no kids in the house and i need full access 24 hrs a day from my NOW internet service.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Setup-Performance/Can-Devices-Be-Blocked-Between-Certain-Times-Of-Day/m-p/571604#M9913